Part 2

I'm really into Lana Del Rey's aesthetic right now, but anyways enjoy this chapter. Wait till the end of this chapter, then the story really begins... 

----------------

The steaming hot water slid down my bare shoulders. I was in the shower, my hand against the wall. I took deep breaths to steady myself.

It had been two weeks since my meeting with the Principal. Tonight was the night of the ball, and naturally I was nervous. The most powerful men in the continent were attending to find their mate. Every girl was dressing in elegant gowns and long diamonds and pearls to make good impressions. But I was stuck in the maids outfit. I would look like a trashcan compared to Zaya, or other gorgeous girls. 

I touched the warm metal of the fosit and turned the shower off completely. Smoke and steam filled the room, and my mirror was clouded with water particles. I picked up my towel and dried off. By the time I exited the bathroom, I only had two hours before I had to begin preparing food for the ball. 

I allowed my hair to naturally dry into silky waves. I also applied makeup to my pale complexion. I applied fake eyelashes to make my doe eyes pop.

Why was I trying so hard? Because your mate may be here stupid, my self conscious replied. I wondered if I would find my mate tonight. If I did, who would he be, how would he react to my presence. From what I have been taught, the mate bond was indescribable.

Both wolves have a strong attraction and pull towards their partner. The bond strengthens to the point neither individual can live without their mate. I wanted that, I wanted love as pure and delicate. I sighed, in a dream like daze of my mate.

Once I was done getting ready, I slipped into the maids outfit. (look at the gif for the outfit) I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair hung down to my waist in a mixture of curls and waves. I went for a natural look in my makeup, I didn't have the skill to do anything more.

It was time to depart from my house to the party. I exited the shabby shack of my house and awaited a car to transport me to the Alpha's palace for the ball. But when it arrived, I was stunned. Don't get me wrong, it was a generous offer to provide transportation for servants but the car smelled terrible. Stains were splattered along the grey plush of the seats. The driver had a beard down to his hips with various crumbs of pop tarts and beef jerky. I knew the alpha would never allow such a vehicle to transport a guest attending. 

Yet another way I was treated poorly in this pack

After 30 minutes of driving, I was pulled into a clearing in a deep evergreen forest. Tall pine-trees loomed over the car as we sped towards our final destination. A huge brick castle awaited me. Gold accents and embellishments were scattered along the gardens of the house. 

It was stunning, gorgeous. I smiled  in awe as I stepped from the car. I couldn't help but to look around even further. In front of the castle were beautiful lilies, roses, and other flowers. Some looked so exotic that I had never seen anything like them before. I gently placed my fingers under a delicate rose and sniffed the sweet smell.

"Kadence" A stuck up voice greeted me. I immediately shifted into a standing position. I straightened the wrinkles off of my skirt and looked up. A slender tall women stood in front of two large oak doors. She wore the same outfit as I did, telling me she would be serving dishes alongside me.

"Follow me" she instructed. I quickly treaded behind her, and she showed me different tasks I had to preform in preparation. Time slowly passed by as I was bombarded with so many exhausting chores. I scrubbed the floors of the dinning room, then I dusted the dancing room, then I had to season deer, and the list goes on and on.