26

Itachi was just about to leave the school and drive to the Uchiha mansion to pick up his younger brother and spend the day with him but to his luck he could see his younger brother exiting the school and walking his way. He got out of his car and waved towards his sibling. He wondered why he was even in school when he would be absent today.

Sasuke opened the door of his brother's car and sat on the front seat. He closed his eyes and began breathing in and out, as if he were calming himself down. But he was trying to calm down his heart that was beating faster than ever.

His older brother noticed this and before starting the car, he turned around. "What's wrong with you?"

Sasuke didn't reply to him. He simply sat there with his eyes closed.

Itachi shook his head, disappointed his brother wouldn't open up to him. The times where Sasuke didn't hate him were the times where he would always tell his older brother everything. Sure they're older and much more mature and can deal with their problems alone. But that doesn't mean they can stop talking about anything in general. He gets the hatred his younger sibling has for him which is why he wanted to spend at least a day with just his brother so he can maybe forgive him. He was just about to turn the key to the car but he didn't. He turned his direction to the Uchiha next to him and stared at him dead in the eye. "Sorry but we're not going anywhere until you tell me what's up." He cringed at the words that came out of his mouth. He sounded like a dad demanding his child to speak up. Was he really that old?

Sasuke stared back at him with just a blank expression but also showed a hint of 'what the hell?.' He shook his head slightly, telling him no. "I don't need to tell you anything if I don't want to." 

Itachi knew he couldn't spit anything else out of him. So he had to figure out what was wrong with him himself. He turned the key and the engine started. He drove away from the school and looked at it quickly. For all he knew, something must've happened inside the halls of the school to cause his brother's strangeness. What could that something be though? "Ok. If you won't tell me then I'll have to guess. You have to promise to answer my questions honestly.

The young Uchiha didn't look his way but already knew he was smiling wide. His brother is smart, he knew that. He could probably guess exactly what's wrong with him if he just throws out a bunch of questions at him. He had to make a limit. "Hn. But at one cost." He still didn't look his way.

Itachi stopped smiling but then slowly grinned. It was plain obvious that his brother wouldn't just easily give him so many answers. He was turning this into a game. And he loves games. "And what could that cost be?"

Sasuke smiled and crossed his arms. "3 questions. That's all you have. Oh and you can't ask me questions like 'Why are you so strange?' or 'What happened this morning?' because those are such obvious questions and that's boring and cheap."

Itachi laughed shortly. He really wasn't making this easy. He had to figure out everything with only 3 questions. Though it does seem hard, it actually isn't. In his case at least because he knew his brother like an open book. He might not have seen him grow up but he knew him long enough to know what triggers his emotions. Especially that faithful day at the carnival. That one day. Just that day already gave him plenty of hints. "Easy enough." His brother was a huge softie when he was young but he knew things have changed. He's noticed he doesn't reveal his emotions. He doesn't tend to smile also. But only one girl can change his attitude slightly. One word. One name. And it can change an emo man into a love-sick little boy. "Sakura."

For the first time, Sasuke finally looked his way. And for the first time, his emotions were clear and very visible. "Uh what?"

Itachi stared at his face. A stranger wouldn't be able to read his facial expression. But as his older brother he could tell that he was showing happiness and confusion at the same time. Happy to hear the pinkie's name. And confused as to why she was suddenly mentioned. Itachi smirked and focused his attention back to the road. But unfortunately he had to stop at a red light which meant he couldn't escape the question Sasuke was eager to ask.