36

Tsunade's prosperity was hard to decipher when taking a step into her humble home. A sense of messy design clashed with the cleanliness and atmospheric charm. The improper placement of decorations was questionable. It was as if Tsunade was on a budget after buying out the two-story house. But that theory was quickly dismissed when spotting several people in professional attire; her maids and butlers. One conclusion was made when seeing the decor though, Tsunade lacked any interior design. 

Passing the living room which was the 'picture' room of the house, many frames of familiar and unfamiliar faces was thrown at him. In his opinion, it was too overwhelming for a gathering space. Not like he'd openly critique; he would be asking for days of detention for doing so. 

Beyond it was the classy dining room; spotless and probably Sasuke's favorite place in the house seeing how terrible the entrance design was. Whoever had control of remodeling this space deserved an applause. Right at the center, the crazy amount of food could not go unnoticed. A lengthy dining table holding what seems to be several huge dinner courses was way too much for 3 people. A waste of table space and a waste of good food. 

By the time they were seated, nothing but silence remained. All they did was patiently wait for utensils and cups to be placed in front of them. 

Squirming in her seat, Sakura wore a nervous smile. If anyone should be nervous, it's him. He had to consider whether anything Tsunade throws at him is a test of some sort.  Which explains why he pulled in Sakura's seat for her and quietly complimented her on the side. 

Their principal had never spoken once they arrived. But after being given an entire bottle of wine to enjoy for herself, her booming voice echoed across the halls. 

"My god, the tension is incredible. You, Uchihas, are always so quiet! Lighten up!" A glass was almost offered to them before she pulled back her own hand. She exclaimed, "Oh, that's right! You two can't drink yet!" followed by sounds of laughter. "Don't be shy! Eat up, eat up!"

Sakura glanced over at her partner and so did he. Both nodding their heads to say their thanks at the same time. "Itadakimasu (thanks for the food)." 

His hunger screamed for a bite of the delicious plate near him. But he wouldn't let his objective go unnoticed. So before he dug in, he wanted to be straightforward with Tsunade. A discussion during big meals like this was needed to keep the silence at a minimum. Plus, this was his opportunity to bond with Sakura's guardian. Based on what Itachi informed him, being on good terms with the 'mother' only gives benefits to the partner. Also, Sasuke knew better than to get on Tsunade's bad side. 

"Tsunade-sensei...I'm sure you're aware of why we're here." 

"Oh Sasuke, no need to be so strained. Plus, I already know about you two. Our school loves rumors and you were the talk of the town last week." Her glass of wine was nearly finished as she slowly chugged it. 

Haruno's plate was stacked with curry, fried chicken, tempura, and onigiri; with soba and miso soup right beside. "Eh? What are you two talking about?"

Her question was ignored though as Sasuke proceeded to say, "Then am I allowed to assume you approve of us?" 

Tsunade chuckled behind her wine glass. "Must I answer such an obvious question? Here I thought you had a brain." Her smile was the most comforting that moment and Sasuke was pleased to no end.

"Hn." A smirk grew as he was watered with acceptance. 

. . .

Lunch at Tsunade's was a compelling experience. The principal actually ate this time and teased Sakura about her appetite. Sasuke was the only polite eater with manners mimicking royalty. At least, that's what Haruno and Tsunade thought.