Chapter 54: A Chance of Happiness

DARA'S POV

Like any other days that Jiyong and I ate our dinner, this is no difference. Except maybe for the fact that he's been acting really strange since we rode the car from the office to the restaurant. He is extra sweet and clingy. He is overly protective too. A guy accidentally bumped into me upon entering the restaurant and looked at me for just five seconds. For me, that was normal but for Jiyong, he immediately placed himself in the middle acting as a shield and glared at the poor guy using his blazing eyes. He told him to back off and threatened that he won't make it alive until the next second if he ever tried to lay his hands on me again. The guy quickly apologized and immediately scampered away, afraid that he might end up dead.

"Why did you do that?" I said as I stared back at him.

"What? He hurt you." he defended.

I sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of my nose before answering him back. "That was an accident Jiyong. He didn't see us coming in."

"Then he should have used his f*cking eyes and watch where he's going." He shot back. Aisht!

"You're unbelievable Jiyong." I said as I shook my head.

He suddenly smirked at me, a smile slowly crawled on his lips. Talk about mood swings. "I know Babe. Don't fight me on this. Not today." He said and tapped me on the nose lightly.

"But..."

"Let's go" He cut me off. "I found our table." He said and grabbed my hand. He lead us to our table near the balcony overlooking the city.

He pulled my chair and waited for me to sit before rounding the table to take his. The view here is awesome I tell you. I guess I'm just lucky having to experience dining in such places. "You like it?" I heard him asked.

I tore my gaze away from the view to look at him. "Yes, Its amazingly beautiful." I told him and stared back at the scene again.

"Can I take your orders ?" Both of us shifted our gazes upon hearing the voice beside us. I think he's the waiter though he's not wearing his uniform. He then handed us each the menu for us to choose. "The view here is nice isn't it?" I looked up and saw the waiter directly staring at me, waiting for my answer.

"Uhm...Yeah, You've got a lovely place here." I answered as I brought my eyes back to the menu and busy myself scanning the pages but the persistent waiter dropped a follow up question.

"You really think so?"

"Uhm, Y-yes." I answered back again, confused.

"It's not as lovely as you though." He commented in a low voice, like a whisper I almost didn't hear it. Unfortunately, the dragon in front of me heard it too.

He cleared his throat loud enough that it catches the attention of everyone within close proximity. "Are you done interviewing my GIRLFRIEND?" He asked. Emphasizing the last word as he glared at the waiter. "Can you take our orders now?"

"Yes sir." The waiter simply answered and surprisingly not showing any signs that he is apologetic of what he just did. In fact, I saw him smirking which he tried to hide as he took Jiyong's orders.

I gave mine as well and returned the menu to him. "Will that be all?" He said and I just nodded in response. He took his leave but before he can take a full turn, he winked at me and immediately walk out. Fortunately, Jiyong didn't see that.

"That arrogant waiter." I heard Jiyong spoke in front of me.

"Hey, he's gone ok? Relax." I cooed as I reached for his hand resting on top of the table.