Chapter 47: The Meeting

DARA'S POV

My days working as an intern has been nothing but an up and down roller coaster ride. My supervisor became more considerate of me as the day passes and thankfully sharing his knowledge once in a while about how to market products effectively. He said that I should listen to him attentively if I want to be successful on my chosen field just like him. Yup, you still can't take away the arrogance crawling on every inch of his body. Kind of reminds me of someone.

"See that? That's the main reason why this company never leaves the top." He bragged while showing me his laptop containing his works for the presentation later this afternoon.

"Yup, that looks good." I praised him as I stared at the monitor.

"Good? You mean great right? Your impossible Dara. You're my assistant for several days already and you still don't see how talented your supervisor can be." He said as he shook his head. He stared at a distance for who knows how long before he abruptly yelled as if a brilliant idea suddenly popped inside his head. "I know! Why don't you come with me later at the meeting."

"What? Why?" I asked feeling nervous all of a sudden.

"So you can see how I do my job." He winks at me as he did several poses looking like an idiot. I can't believe he can be like this considering he was a total snob the first time I met him. "Plus you can learn some of my techniques on how to persuade a client most specially the bosses."

"Which client are you having a meeting with anyway?"

"Not clients, its the directors and some of them are officers of this company. They want me to present some of the projects we've been working on for months now. They want to see if we already made progress for them to decide if they are willing to put their money in it." He explained as he sat on his swivel chair and played with his rubik's cube. "Those directors can be so annoying sometimes. They're so hard to please."

Then curiosity gets the best of me. "When you say officers you mean owners of this company right?" I asked as I remembered Bom's ultimate goal on applying here.

"Yeah. Why?" he asked shifting his gaze to me.

"Nothing." I answered nonchalantly. He squinted his eyes at me, not believing what I said.

"You're totally coming later." He said with finality as he checked his laptop one last time, ignoring me once again. So...I'l finally see them later. Bom will definitely flip out once she knew about this.

----------------

3RD PERSON'S POV

"You have a flight to Japan to meet with Mr. Takahashi regarding the first project with them this friday. The following week will be in China with Mr. Cheng to complete the contract signing." Yuri reminded her boss about her schedules but she noticed that she's not paying attention for she's busy rummaging her bag and her drawers. "Ma'am? Are you ok? Did you loose something?"

"Did you see my handkerchief somewhere?" She asked, not bothering to look at her. "I've been looking for it for days now."

"The white one?" Yuri asked as she stared at her and started helping her look for it too.

"Yes, you've seen it right?"

"Of course. I remembered you've been using it ever since I was a kid. I thought it was your favorite thing in the world." She said as she remembered back in the days when her boss used to visit her aunt.