Chapter 33: Broken Bill

Despite the fact that no one could possibly save the poor woman, Bill called for an ambulance. The restaurant had been evacuated, the losers all staying behind and watching as Bill broke down beside the body of his ex wife. She was gone, and there was nothing any of the adults could do for her. Gone was a large chunk of her face. Gone were her gentle eyes and her smile. Gone was her comforting gaze, her warm skin, and delicate voice. Amelia Jones was gone. Killed by the very thing she tried so hard to fight.
She shouldn't have came back. It was apparent now. She wouldn't be dead if she had maybe showed up a bit later, or not showed up at all. Little Amelia should have just stayed home in sunny California, cooking food for an unhappy Dallas and living out her life as a tired woman stuck in an abusive relationship. But.. then again, perhaps the sweet release of death made it all better. No more worries. No more pain. No more fear. She was free at last. She was an angel in life, and now she'd be an angel in death.
   "I-It's all my fault..." Bill trembled, holding her limp hand in his own as he knelt in her warm little pool of blood. Every few seconds his warm lips would press against the cold flesh of her hand in a kiss.
    But soon the paramedics came, and Bill was forced to move away from the side of his beloved.
    "P-Please, l-let me ride with h-he-her," he begged.
    "Sorry sir," the paramedic responded, "only family members are allowed to ride with patients."
    "B-Bu-But I was her huh-hu-husband! I-I was a friend!"
     "No can do. If you wish to see her, you may follow us to the hospital."
     And so, a helpless Bill watched as her lifeless body was shoved into a dark body bag and wheeled into the ambulance. With a loud slam of the doors, the Denbrough boy gazed in utter heartbreak as he watched them drive off with the love of his life into the night.
    Yet, as he stood there, fists clenched tightly at his side and eyes welling with tears, he knew that it was more than just saving Derry from the horrors of Pennywise the dancing clown.
    This time it was personal.

~~~a/n; one more chapter left after this!! are you guys ready?!

~~~
a/n; one more chapter left after this!! are you guys ready?!