Chapter 20; Pacify the Cry Baby's Pity Party

Part Two

"Y-Yeah.... But th-that was before, Bev. I never knew I could be so in love at twelve years old, but I am. I'm sorry, I don't know who wrote the p-poem, but I definitely know it wasn't muh-m-me. You'll have to look for another p-poet... I think it's best you leave, Bev," he says quietly, shaking his head and walking back out to the dining room. The guests were gone, no where to be seen. Bill raised an eyebrow, and walked over to the table, to see a note.

'Hey Big Bill, Amelia isn't feeling too hot, we thought we'd leave and let her rest. But we're going to redo her party sometime this week, so we'll let ya know.
-Signed,
Richie and the rest of the losers'

Weeps and sniffles can be heard from the living room, as the piano plays a solemn tune. Bill follows, and finds Amelia sitting with her back facing him at the piano, as she plays 'Moonlight Sonata.' Tears roll down onto her cheeks and onto the keys like rain fall as she cries, continuing the song.
"M-Melia?" Bill asks, walking over to her. She doesn't respond, but instead weeps louder. Bill looks at her in alarm, and embraces her in a hug. She doesn't respond but instead continues crying.
'Cry baby, cry baby, I laugh through my tears,' she thinks, and tries to lighten the situation.
"You don't love me like you love her," she laughs through her tears, and pushes him away.
"What?!" He exclaims. Amelia tells him that she heard their talk, and knows everything.
"N-none of it is w-what it s-seems," he exclaims, but she pushes him away.
"I just need to be alone," she sniffles, and takes the tray of cake with her, grabbing the birthday candles and matches. "I'll be having my own pity party in my room."
Bill watches her, sighing as she slams the door shut behind her. What did I do...?
~~~~~~~
Amelia sniffles, looking down at her now pathetic cake, a birthday party hat strapped to her head. Gifts and stuffed animal party guests surround her, like some sort of isolation tower. A tear drops down onto the cake, and puts out one of the candles. She sighs, and relights it.

"Why'd I put a heart on every cursive letter," she mumbles, tears trailing down her cheeks, "tell me why the hell no one is here. Tell me what to do to make it all feel better."

She let's out a scream, stabbing the kitchen knife into the side of the cake.

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry, cry, cry."

"I'll cry until the candles burn down this place, I'll cry until my pity party's in flames."

She let's out sobs, grabbing the closest teddy bear next to her and chucking it across the room so it hits the wall. She pops the ballon next to her by stabbing it with the knife.
'Happy birthday, Amelia,' the cake reads in blue icing. She glares at it, screaming again and then hitting the ground with her first, her sobs louder.
A good cry always gets out all the emotions, and gives you some good thinking time. Her tears told her to trust his sincerity and fix her birthday mess, call everyone back and have her cake and eat it too. A dramatic birthday party, but it'll end as a good one..
~~~~~~~
The rest had been called back by Bill, after the two's make up, and now Amelia sat in the center of the room, her friend's crowded around her as she opened her gifts.
"A music box! Oh Stan, it's gorgeous!" She exclaims, looking at the baby blue box with white little details that make it look absolutely beautiful. She had forgotten her traumatic experiences with music boxes. If she had remembered, she would've chucked it across the room so it broke. "Thank you." He smiles and nods, giving her a hug.
So far she had gotten a heart pendant necklace from Eddie, a joke book from Richie and some itching powder (har-dee-har-har, Richie), a box of chocolates from Ben, and a simple yet beautiful dress from Mike, sewn by his wonderful mother that Amelia so dearly loved and whom so dearly adored Amelia when she would visit to play with him and the rest of the group.
"H-Here, M-Melia," Bill said, smiling gently as he handed her his wrapped present. She smiled, and opened it, to find two records, a record with different hits of the decade, and another album of her favorite female group, The Crystals.
"I love them! If only we had a record player," she said, but Bill smiled.
"Y-You still have to open my p-p-parent's gift," he said. A squeal of excitement came from Amelia as she saw the present, her own record player.
They all spent the rest of the night dancing around to 'Real Wild Child' by Jerry Lee Lewis, and many other great hits. A horrible pity party turned into one of the best birthdays ever....
~~~~~~
"Tired blue boy walks my way, holding a girl's hand. That basic bitch leaves finally, now I can steal her man..."

"Pacify her, she's getting on my nerves. You don't love her, stop lying with your words," the tune plays in her head, reminding her of her hatred and jealousy of the so perfect girl, all thin and pretty with her stupid blue eyes and soft lips and pale skin. Little miss perfect.
Beverly is angry, but she will thank Amelia later for this all, because this event brought her one step closer to finding the real poet, and her true love....

--------------------------
A/N: Okay so a lot of y'all wanted me to update so I guess I'll just update it now instead of making y'all wait :| I won't update in a while tho bc I'm working on 'Summertime Sadness' and 'Carousel,' two of my other fanfics (which I would rlly appreciate it if u read them), so this'll be the most recent update for a while bc like I said, I won't update for a while. Anyway, y'all got to see why this chapter was important and why these events took place, bc of the poem. And yeah ik Bev isn't like that in the movie but I had to change her character a little to make this work for later on in the story :/ oh and the part that describes Amelia screaming and having her 'pity party' in her room is similar to Mel's video above (I'm Melanie af don't judge)
Anyway enjoy the update, and go check out my other stories! :)
~Cry Baby Trash💖🍼💦💫