Chapter 15: Help Me

We all sat huddled together in a group, Mike front and center as we crowded around him, looking intently as he showed us pictures from his album. Bill kept his arm securely around me as Mike finished telling us about one of the photos. He turned the page, and stopped at a picture of a clown holding balloons, standing in front of a house. The picture looked old, and had writing on it. 'Pennywise the Clown.' My stomach did a flip. No, it couldn't possibly.....
"My dad says there's no way to date this one, he says it's probably from the early mid 1700's," Mike explains, shrugging as he turns to look at us.
"P-Pennywise the Clown?" Bill asks, as we all lean in to look closer at it.
"Oh god, no...." I say, staring down at the picture, mortified.
"What is it?"
"That's It, that's the Thing," Richie exclaims, pointing at the picture.
"200 years ago? He was here then?!" Ben asks.
"Now, c'mon, that's just a drawing!" Stan says trying to find some logical explanation for the panting. Sorry Stanley, but there's no explanation for this.
"Look again." Mike turns the page, to see another picture of the clown. There's a house on fire, and he's standing next to it, a devious smile on his face. He must've lit the fire.
"It... It!" Bill exclaims. I hold onto his arm tightly as the pages begin to turn.
"Mike, make it stop!" I yell slightly, the breeze of the pages gently hitting my warm cheeks. My heart beats at 100 miles per hour as the pages continue flipping.
"Th-th-that's what happened back in G-Georgie's room," Bill stutters. Poor thing, he sounds awfully frightened and confused. But aren't we all? The page finally stops to a black and white picture of an old town street, lined with shops and buildings and a light post. A horse drawn carriage is in the middle of the street, and few people are walking in the background. Carnival music instantly begins playing, as the picture begins.... Moving?
"How is this even possible?! You're all seeing this too right?!" I ask, my eyes glued to the picture. They all nod solemnly, but keep their eyes on the picture. Now, the clown comes in, spinning and dancing around, back flipping and dong hand stands in the light post's direction. Please, make it go away, god. Make it go away... The clown looks up, and growls at us.
"Bill!" I make this noise, it sounds like a small cry, a scream, with the hint of a sob. He pulls me closer to him, his grip on my arm tightening as the clown reaches the front of the picture and the black and white photo gains color. He makes us all scream, moving back startled.
"I'll kill you all!" The clown yells, and pauses to laugh. "I'll drive you crazy and I'll kill you all. I'm every nightmare you've ever had, you're worst dream come true. I'm everything you ever were afraid of!" He growls again, then shoots his hand up and out of the book, trying to grab onto something, and manages to grab my hair.
"Ow ow! Help, help! Oh god, help me!" I scream, trying to free my hair from his grip, as the pain spreads through my scalp. Stan manages to gently pull my hair out of the Thing's grip, as Bill smacks the book to the ground and closes it. When we open it again, the thing is gone, and the picture is back to normal. Oh boy... I wipe my eyes before any tears can fall and try my best to hold it in.
"No! No! No!" Stan cries, covering his ears and shutting his eyes tightly. We all begin to yell yes, and grab his shoulders, shaking him a bit. He didn't want to see it or believe it, but too bad, it's already too late.... It's real, real as anything.
"Yes. If that's what you want, yes..." He admitted. Bill shook his head.
"Yeah, that's what I want, you turkey," Bill muttered. He sounded angry.
"Bill...?" I trail off, watching him as he walks away from us, letting us all discuss the matter.
"We have to do something, Velma Daniels was in my class," I say. "What's next? Who's next? We have to stop it," I say. Bill looks off into the distance, and holds onto a branch.
"A-Amelia's right..." Bill says
"We gotta tell someone."
"They won't believe us, they don't see what we see."
"Why?!"
"G-Grownups... When you grow up, you stop believing," Bill states, and walks away from the tree.
"They'll just laugh their heads off and put us in a nuthouse," Richie sighed.
"We gotta do something, it kills kids damnit!" Ben exclaimed.
"But what?" By now, Bill was far from us, in a small dead end circle created by trees and shrubs. He bit his lip and took a moment to look around. His blue eyes looked like glass, as he took quivering breaths.
"Help me." We all looked at him curiously, as he pressed on. "You killed my brother George, you bastard!" He yelled, somehow knowing the thing was there, that it could hear him. "Let's see you now, let's see you now. It's scared of us, you know. I-I can feel it. I-I-I swear to god I can...."
Oh Bill... He sounds like he's on the verge of tears, his eyes even glassier from the tears. He wraps his arms around himself and takes another breath.
"I wanna kill it... H-Help me..." He begins to cry softly now, his back facing us. Oh Bill... I get up from where I'm sitting, and walk over to him, putting one arm around his lower torso. He puts an arm around me and rubs the small of my back, leaning against my shoulder and crying. The rest soon join us, in one small group hug.
"Please, help me... Help me..."
This is more serious than I first thought. Sure Big Bill, we'll help you. For Georgie...
And for your own god damn sake too Bill. I won't let you know, but I'm worried Bill, about all of us. What's gonna happen now....?
Something good of a miracle I hope....
~~~~~~~~~~
Amelia was now crying hysterically into her knees, huddled up against the wall of the hotel elevator. That whole memory was way too much for her to handle alone. Bill, you almost got us killed, you know. I could've died trying to help you...
But I didn't, you wouldn't let that happen. I'm sorry about Georgie and I do truly miss you. But I suppose that's in the past huh? How's Audra? Better than me I suppose. I hope she has a miss carriage like I did....
On stop it Amelia. You're awful. But I miss him... You'll see him soon. But don't think he's going to still have feelings for you, because he doesn't. You're all going back on a promise, with new lives, new people. Things change for better and for worse.
And right now I don't know if it's better or worse....
~~~~~
A/N: Heyy! I haven't updated in a while but I finally managed to get some time and write the next chapter. It might suck a little bc I didn't have time to edit and proofread, so yeah. And the last paragraph about older Amelia and Bill might not make sense right now, but it'll all be explained later bc there will be three parts to this story. One: When the losers are kids, Two: What happens to Amelia and Bill after the event, and Three: When the losers are older and reunite. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying this story :)