Chapter 5: They All Float Amelia

After I was far away enough from everyone else, I sank to my knees and sat down, tears threatening to spill. It kinda hurts, you know? He wasn't even mine yet and I'm already hurt and jealous because he's with another girl. Mother was right, I'll never be good enough. I sit on my bottom and curl up into a ball, hiding my face in my knees.
"Amelia." I hear my voice called faintly. I look up, sniffling as I wipe my eyes.
"H-hello?" I call, sitting up. I wipe my eyes again, and start to walk forward. "W-who's there?" My voice cracks a little each time I speak.
"Amelia," it calls again. I furrow my eyebrows, and take another step forward. Nothing is there. "Amelia, come play with me." It's the voice of a little girl. I furrow my eyebrows, walking forward, past the trees and the shrubbery. There, standing with her back towards me, is a little girl. Curly brown hair, a pretty white dress, she's looks around six years old.
"Hello? What's your name? Who are you?" I ask, only a few feet behind the girl.
"Hi Amelia, wanna play? I know you're friends don't like you anymore. Mine don't like me either." Who is this kid? How does she know these things?
"My friends like me, it's just, well, they're making new friends right now." She giggles, her back still facing me.
"They don't like you Amelia, it's obvious. You really think they'd let someone like you hang out with them? Beverly already took your space. But I understand how you feel. My friends left me out too, and drowned me in the lake, and now I float alone. But when you float with us, we'll never replace you. We'll always love you." Float?
"Stop it, that's not true, you shut your mouth!" I yelled, close to tears.
"They all float Amelia, and soon you'll float too." The girl slowly turned around, but she had no face. Just blank nothingness. Her hair soon began to fall off, her clothes evaporating into thin air. Soon she was nothing but a white figure. A long, boney hand reached out for me.
"Float Amelia, no one will miss you." The voice was deep, menacing, frightening. I screamed, turning to run. The hand grabbed a hold of the back of my cardigan.
"Let go!" I screamed, beginning to cry. I squirmed free, the thing ripping my cardigan off. I began running, the adrenaline pumping through my veins. I didn't look back, I just kept running. I didn't know how far I had ran, but as I was running, I tripped over a tree root.
"No!" I cried, falling down. Dirt covered my clothes, my leggings ripped and tore, my palms were bloody. I got back up, and continued running, and bumped into someone.
"Please, don't hurt me! I don't want to float!" I yelled, sobbing. I fell to my knees, hiding my face in my hands. "Please, I don't want to die." The sobs wracked my body, it was hard to breathe. Everything was blurry, I felt dizzy, my head was pounding. I collapsed to the ground, I heard voices, but they were distorted voices.
"Amelia?"
"Oh my, is she gonna be okay?" The voices sounded distant, far away. Before I knew it, everything grew dark. I was cold, it was dark, and now everything was silent. I passed out cold before I saw who I had bumped into. But for all I knew, I was a goner.