Chapter 23: New Home

It was months after the visitation now. Bill had just turned fifteen and Amelia was still fourteen. Finally, the last two from the group who had not moved away from town moved into another neighborhood, another place out of Derry. Only Mike was there now, and he'd live there for the rest of his life.
    Amelia was unpacking her things into her new room, placing her little glass figures on the shelf and organizing her books. A gentle knock on the door startled her into almost dropping one of the figures.
   "S-Sorry," Bill stuttered with a sheepish smile, and leaned against the door frame. "You doing o-okay?"
   Amelia nodded. "Just fine, thank you, Bill." It was a bit awkward around them. They had just broken up a few days ago over a silly argument. But, since Amelia had nowhere else to go, they agreed they'd still be around each other. Just no more couple stuff and whatnot, and they'd keep more to themselves now instead of always being together.
   Bill bit his lip and nodded, then exited her room and walked to his own. It was painted a monorail silver and outline in white. He missed his old room, the one with his old bed, old walls, old shelves that held books and instructions of how to build things. His old home held irreplaceable memories, and for that he missed it.
   "Bill!" His mother called from downstairs. He hurried down and greeted his petite mother, who had a tired smile on her face.
   "Y-Yeah, mom?"
   "Your father and I are going out grocery shopping and maybe out to dinner, we might be home late. We trust that you and Amelia will behave." Bill nodded.
  "A-Alright mom."
  "And Bill."
  "Yes mom?"
  "Make sure to practice your speech before I get back." Bill sighed, but nodded in agreement. And so she left, leaving Bill to head back upstairs to his room. He shut the door behind him and lay flat on his bed.
   "H-He thrusts his fists against the p-puh-posts a-and still insists h-he s-sees the g-g-ghosts." Bill sighed.
   "H-He thrusts his f-fists against the posts a-and still insists he sees the gho-oh-ohsts." A little better.
"He thrusts his f-fists against the post and still i-i-insists he sees the ghosts." Bill smiled.
That's the best I've ever done, he thought with a happy smile.
"Hey Jude, don't make it bad. Take a sad song, and make it better. Remember, to let her into your heart, then you can start to make it better." The sound of singing and the piano from downstairs made Bill peek his head up. Hey Jude by The Beetles. Must've been Amelia playing. He sighed again. It's really awkward living with your ex girlfriend. Even if you both are still friends and all, it's a bit awkward.
They broke up over an argument about Bill meeting new girls that lived across the street and Amelia meeting new boys down the street. Petty argument, but jealousy tore them apart.
The sound of Clare de Lune {play video above} made Bill get up and walk out of his room, peering down the staircase railings and watching her fingers move along the keys. He could see the top of her head, her shoulders exposed from her dress, and her arms and hands as her fingers trailed along the keys.
Bill leaned against the railing, heart fluttering in his chest as he looked down at Amelia. So pure and gentle with her brown locks tied up into a tight bun with loose strands of hair falling out of place. They were young, so this argument had to happen. They had to separate and maybe meet new people, then they'd be reunited. It was all part of the plan destiny had for them. They'd split, but be put back together again.
He looked down again as she dramatically played the keys, putting emotion into her notes. {the part of the song at about exactly 2:00 into the video}
She felt something watching her, so she looked up. When they made eye contact her hand slipped and created a sour note. She laughed shyly.
"Oops..." She tucked the stray strands behind her ear and smiled.
"Umm, I-I liked it," Bill smiled.
"Thank you..." Amelia cleared her throat awkwardly. "Do I continue?"
"Y-Yes, o-of course," Billie stuttered. And so she did, playing the new piano in their new home in Delaware. New beginning, new chapter, new events. All to come. Amelia finished her piece with a small smile, and felt a pang of sadness in her heart. She could no longer kiss Bill on the cheek or hug him or anything. No affection, no couple's stuff, as stated.
"Wanna go for a walk around town?" Bill asked. Amelia shrugged.
"I suppose so." And so they slipped on their coats and headed outside.
~~~~~
A/N; I was gonna make this longer but decided not to :/ it's been forever since I've updated lol sorry. Anyways, they're new home is Delaware u.s.a. I don't know much about the place, but I found it on my maps and liked how it looked so I'm using it. I'll do my research on it tho.. Anyways, I'll update again soon or at least try to. Just wanted to update my stories today.
Anyways, gotta blast bc it's my bday today and I have things to do :) have a nice day💓