Chapter 25: Late Night Calls

It was around one in the morning when Amelia was awoken by the sound of tapping on her window. She woke up with a start, sitting up in bed and rubbing her eyes quickly. The moonlight was shinning brightly through her curtains and into her quiet room. At first, she thought she had only heard the tapping, but when it started again, she grew alarmed. Her window was on the second story of the house, so what could be tapping the window? She grew afraid, so she got out of bed and hurried into Bill's room.
   Her little bare feet padded along the carpet as she scurried to his room. Without warning, she opened the door and ran to his bedside, grabbing his arm and shaking him slightly.
   "Bill, Bill, wake up," she whispered. The boy turned in his sleep, only groaning in response. "Bill, please," she begged. Finally the boy sat up and rubbed his eyes, yawning as he sleepily reached over to the bedside lamp and turned it on.
"W-What's wrong?" He asked groggily, the light illuminating her features and bringing out the worried little look in her eyes. Amelia bit her lip, glancing out the door and to the hall.
"There's something tapping on my window," she whispered, "I don't know what it is but I'm
scared." Bill raised an eyebrow.
"Oh... Okay." But he wasn't getting the point.
"Bill," Amelia whined, "we're on the second story. How can something be tapping my window when we're a level above the ground?!" Finally, Bill understood. His blue eyes had widened in surprise and sudden realization of the dangers that could be outside of his friend's room.
"Alright, g-give me a m-muh-minute," Bill replied, tossing the covers aside and getting up out of bed. He began searching his closet for something, leaving Amelia to stand there in her nightgown and watch.
   "What are you looking for?" She asked, but her question was answered when he pulled out a flashlight and a slingshot. It would've made her faint right on the spot if she hadn't already began to forget all of the past events in Derry. It seems that as soon as they left the town behind, they also left behind their memories. She didn't really remember anyone or anything, except, of course, the events that had happened with Bill.
    "L-Let's go," Bill mumbles, and the two walk out of his room and head to Amelia's. She trails behind him, partly in fear and partly for protection. She knew someone like Bill would always be able to protect her. He was broad backed and strong, with a good heart, good mind, and leader-like qualities. She felt he could do anything, so she trailed behind him for protection.
   "A-Alright, if anything b-buh-bad happens, then you go and g-get my p-puh-parents," Bill commands. Amelia only nods. Bill takes a deep breath, flicking on the flashlight and slowly inching toward the window. Amelia stands back by the door, biting her lip and twiddling with her thumbs nervously. The tapping noise is still going on.
   Bill soon opens the window, directing the light towards the ground. And then he laughs, making Amelia look at him like he's crazy.
"What, what is it?!" She asks. Bill only shakes his head and smiles, beckoning her over to the window. So she slowly walks over and peers down. The sight nearly makes her faint. There, down below, are Grace and Chris. Grace is jumping around and waving around frantically at the two to get their attention, while Chris only shakes his head and laughs at her. Grace had been throwing pebbles at the window to get their attention earlier.
Chris looks up, and seeing Amelia, gets a sheepish smile on his face. He slowly waves at her. Amelia blushes and waves back.
"What're you guys doing here?! It's one in the morning!" Amelia whisper shouts. Grace giggles.
"C'mon, we want you guys to come with us," Grace replies.
"Where?" Amelia asks. Grace and Chris exchange small glances and tiny smirks.
"You'll see. Just come, trust us," Chris adds. Amelia sighs, glancing at Bill with a questioning look. Bill only shrugs.
"Alright, alright, j-just give us a minute to ch-change and get ready and we'll be down," Bill finally says. Grace smiles.
"Alright, daddyo, we'll be waiting," Grace says flirtatiously, half-joking. Bill blushes, gives her a sheepish smile, and heads back towards his room. Amelia secretly rolls her eyes, and smiles down at them.
"I'm gonna close the blinds so I can change in privacy," Amelia says, soon drawing the curtains together. She quickly changes into some overalls and a maroon colored shirt, then slips on some converse. She grabs a black sweater and slips it on, meeting Bill out in the hall. Weren't they in for a night full of surprises.
~~~~~~
A/N: hi yes v short chapter but it's a filler. It's not edited so sorry for any mistakes. Next chapter will be longer. Anyways, umm yeah I don't rlly have much to say haha. Oh, yeah, I rlly like Fear the Walking Dead, Chris is my sad and smol lil bby, and I hate having to wait for the next season. Oh and I have finals tomorrow wish me luck omg
Rage and Love,
~St. Jimmy🤘🏻 (don't ask, it's a Green Day reference)