Chapter 14: The Losers Club

The cab ride was silent, except for the few times when the cab driver would tilt the mirror to try and look down Amelia's shirt, causing her to request that he stop. Or when he tried to start a conversation with her, which she would answer with only one word responses. Her mind was too occupied now. She found it funny how last week, if someone would've mentioned Derry, or her friends from the Losers Club, Lucky Seven turning into Lucky Eight, she wouldn't have had the slightest idea as to what you were talking about. But now, she was remembering all too much all too soon. She was anxious, nervous, afraid even, of going back, and seeing everyone. Yes, she'd love seeing Eddie and Richie and Stan the Man Uris. Bev and Ben, but wasn't too thrilled about seeing Bill again. Their was story was ancient history, and she wasn't looking forward to revisiting it. As for Mike, yes she was glad to be seeing him again, but she was seeing them all again for the wrong reason. Good old Mikey. Oh, that one school day, when she was first introduced to Mike Hanlon....
~~~~~~
"I brought this old photo album from home. My dad was stationed in Derry during World War II, and he started collecting these photos from the olden days."
"Who would want to know the history of this toilet?" Henry retorted. Our teacher sighed.
"Henry, how many more years are you going to be in my classroom?" She asked, quieting Henry. "Please, continue Michael." The boy went back to his album, the book opened to a certain picture.
"This is the old iron works, in 1930, there was an Easter egg hunt here. But it exploded, and all these people got killed!" He seemed pretty interested in all of this. Honestly, I was too busy admiring how Bill looked from the back of his head, and was only half paying attention.
"Maybe the biggest mystery, is how 250 settlers disappeared without a trace," he finished.
"Thank you Michael, for that illuminating, somewhat morbid history. Now, who's next?" Bore. We spent the rest of the class time listening to everyone share, until school was over.
~~~~~~~
"I'm just glad I'm not the only one who saw something," Bill said. We were in the construction are, near the claw machines and tractors, dirt and rocks scattered around. We were all huddled together, sitting around our homemade clubhouse, made out of metal scraps. After some discussion, Bill and I had discovered that Beverly and us hadn't been the only few to have all theses freaky experiences.
"It wasn't a clown at first, it was a werewolf."
"I didn't see a werewolf, just a clown," Eddie added.
"Don't you see? It was a werewolf for Richie because he saw that d-d-dumb movie," Bill said.
"But it was a clown underneath."
"So maybe, it's some evil being that can read our minds and take the shapes of things we're afraid of?" Ben said. I sighed biting my lip nervously as I listened, not making any comment.
"And that's what happened to all the kids around here?" Stan shook his head and sighed.
"Get serious." He sighed.
"Why didn't any of us say anything?"
"P-Personally I thought you would think I was n-nuts," Bill said. We all agreed.
"Couldn't it be just some crazy guy dressed up in a clown suit?" Eddie asked. Bill shook his head.
"No, it's some kind of monster, and it's right here in Derry." Sighing I look to the ground, but look up when I hear yelling.
"I'm gonna burry you!" Oh great, Henry Bowers. Im the distance is a boy, Michael, running our way, Henry and is gang chasing after him.
"D-dummy up, all of you. Grab rocks," Bill instructed. I couldn't help but climb down the treehouse despite Bill's orders, and get closer to the confrontation. As I climbed down and onto a pile of rocks, Mike soon reached us.
"Help me.... Please..." He panted. The poor thing. I helped him up and brushed him off, standing in front of him as Henry reached us, somewhat trying to act brave. But who was I fooling? Henry soon walked over to us, threatening and telling Mike he was dead.
"Well, what do you know? It's the fat boy, the jew, and the sissy. Four eyes and patch clothes too. The little rich slut and her stuttering freak. What da ya know, the losers club." He says, snickering with his friends. "I've got bones to pick with you, but I'm willing to let that go for today," Henry warned, pointing at Ben then Richie, and then Mike. "Today want him."
"Why don't you get out of here?!" Bill yelled, moving so he was standing in front of me. I gripped a rock tightly in my hand, ready to throw.
"Who's gonna make me?"
"We are," Ben said.
"What did you say chubs?"
"Why don't you get the wax out of your ears barf for brains?!" Richie yelled.
"You're threw B-Bowers!" Bill yelled.
"What did you say stuttering freak?"
"You heard him, why don't you pick on someone your own size?!" I yelled. Henry chuckled.
"Or what? You gonna play the piano and lull me to sleep? Or are you gonna taxi dance? Oh wait, that hasn't worked out for ya, has it?" He asked with a laugh. My cheeks burned. Taxi dancer? Since when was I a slut? I've never even had a boyfriend before, God damnit.
Before I could think, I chucked a rock at Henry, hitting him right in the knee. Yelling in pain, both groups began to throw rocks at each other. After a beat down by Ben, Henry was the only one left.
"What are you gonna do, huh?" Henry asked.
"I think the seven of us could probably p-put you in the hospital," Bill stuttered.
"Eight," Mike added.
"I'm going to get you back, I'm so going to get you back!" Henry yelled, before stumbling off.
"Thanks," Mike said.
"Anytime," Stan answered.
"What are you guys anyway?" He asks.
"We're sort of a club," Eddie says.
"Yeah, the losers club," Beverly adds.
"You w-want in?" Bill asks.
"Yeah, yeah I do."
"Hey, there were seven of us, lucky seven. Now there's eight... Lucky Eight," Ben adds, smiling.
"Hey, wait a second," Mike says, grabbing his camera. He sets it up as we all get ready for the picture. Bill stood on the ground in front of the house, while I sat on his back, smiling. Mike rushed back and into the picture, snapping a photo. Huh, I guess being in the Losers Club isn't so bad after all....
~~~~~
A/N: sucky chapter but I was bored and I'm home alone so why not write another chapter :/ not too much romance and there is some unexplained history between Bill and Amelia that's mentioned in the beginning. It's not quite clear yet but I'll fill you in on that later on in the story. Also I bought a bunch of pins that have Jon'a pictures on them and OML I'm so happy!!Anyway, enjoy :)
~Melissa aka Mrs. Brandis ;)