Chapter 29: Grow Up Already

four years later...

"Bill? Bill, darling, dinner's growing cold."
The eighteen year old earned no response. She furrowed her eyebrows and held her lips in a tight frown, slightly peeking her head through the doorway in search of finding her husband. Yes, husband. Her nineteen year old husband, to be specific.
  She quickly smoothened out her skirt and walked out toward his study. The door was shut and the curtains were closed, indicating his presence inside of the room. Amelia Denbrough, fidgeting with her skirt for the umpteenth time, hesitated before knocking on the door.
"Bill? My love, supper's ready. I've been waiting for you for the past twenty minutes," she called out gently. There was the sound of keys being furiously pressed on from the type writer, and while the sound did not cease, Bill responded.
"S-Sorry sweeth-huh-heart. Be right th-there," Bill replied. Amelia sighed, leaning against the door and pressing her cheek against the cool glass. Her perfectly manicured finger nails gently tapped on the glass in a quiet manner in order to not disturb her husband.
"Bill?" Amelia asked gently. More typing on the keys.
"Yes, Mrs. Denbrough?" Bill asked, causing a tint of red to grow on the young girl's cheeks. They had been only married for three months, and Amelia wasn't entirely used to the fact that her last name no longer happened to be Jones. But she loved the sound of Mrs. Denbrough. Amelia Denbrough. It had a nice ring to it.
  "I love you," she cooed gently. The sound of the keys being pressed ceased, and there was a long moment of silence. Suddenly, the door was removed from under Amelia causing her to lean forward slightly. But strong arms caught her fall as tender lips gently placed a soft kiss on her forehead.
  "I love you too," Bill replied. He patted her bum gently in a form of affection and smiled. "Now let's go eat. All this writing has me starved."
~~~~
six years later..

   "P-Play it for me again, M-Melia," Bill, now age twenty four, requested. He sat back in his large comfort chair in the living room with his hands folded in his lap and his body eased back into the seat.
  "Again?" She asked timidly, causing Bill to no. She sighed softly, her fingers placing themselves on the keys. Then the sound of Moonlight Sonata filled the room, causing Bill to close his eyes as he slowly drifted into deep thought with the help of her soft piano playing. Amelia felt tingly inside that day. There was a burning feeling inside of her, one she could not describe. But she felt it in her core, felt it every time she looked at Bill, every time she was around him. It made her yearn for something, but she wasn't quite sure just what that something was.
   Amelia stopped her playing, but Bill was too deep in thought to notice. Amelia took in a deep breath and looked down at her clothes. Respectable clothes that kept her covered up, but underneath those clothes were combinations of lace and dark red and black colors. Underneath were garments she had never wore before, but had purchased only for moments such as these.
  The twenty four year old peered behind her shoulder at Bill. Poor thing, tired and stressed despite the success of his first recently published horror novel. It was a huge success, like they both knew it would be. But with success came money, and that came with managing, planning dates for book signings, contracts with labeled brands willing to publish his books. It was a lot, and he was stressed just a little bit more than usual.
  "We've been married for six years and not once has he ever gone any further than a passionate kiss. Because he was waiting for you to be ready. And you are ready," Amelia thought to herself. She slowly rose from the piano, letting her suddenly shaking legs over to her husband. She was nervous, no doubt about it.
  Bill, feeling her presence, looked up and saw his beautiful wife standing in front of him. He raised a brow at her.
  "Everything okay?" He asked. She replied by slowly unbuttoning her shirt, revealing the red, the black, and lace. Bill's ears grew red.
  "A-A-Amelia-" Bill began, but she cut him off.
  "Just take me, Bill. I'm ready." She looked at him with a pleading look in her eyes. "Take me."
  So he removed their clothing, led her to their room, shut the door, and took her.
~~~~
Six Months Later

   "Amelia, hurry! We'll be late for the seminar! They want me there early to sign copies of my book!"
  Amelia, six months pregnant and a little pale looking, wobbled slowly down the stairs. She was out of breath, beads of sweat were pouring down her forehead, she felt dizzy, and her stomach was hurting so badly.
  "C-Coming..." Amelia stammered. Bill raised an eyebrow and walked over to the end of the staircase, looking up at her.
   "A-Amelia? You okay?" He asked. She opened her mouth to speak, but instead she fainted, falling forward and tumbling down the rest of the stairs.

- - -

When Amelia came to, she was in a hospital room. Her hands gripped the sheets tightly as she struggled to sit up. Her chest hurt and so did her stomach, but her body felt extremely numb.
It was a white room, a soundless white room. The door was shut, but Amelia could still hear the gentle sounds of footsteps walking along the clean tile floors outside. Why am I here?
  The doorknob jiggled, causing her blue eyes to gaze toward the now open door. A nurse, dressed in white and smelling of lemon, walked in with a small tray of food. She had a look of surprise on her face as she saw that Amelia had come to.
  "Oh, you're awake," she said suddenly. Amelia nodded slowly.
  "Why am I here?" She asked. The nurse sighed softly and pulled out the table attached to the bed in order to feed the patient.
  "You were in bad shape. You have such a tiny body to be caring a baby," the nurse said softly, unwrapping the food. "But you're okay now. You just need rest."
  "My husband," Amelia said suddenly, swallowing the rising saliva in her throat. "Bill. Where is he?"
  "Outside, dear. Poor thing. He hasn't left that room since you guys got here, that was over twenty four hours ago. He's afraid he'll lose you too." Amelia went pale momentarily.
"Wait," Amelia interrupted. "What do you mean he's afraid to lose me too?"
"Oh my..." the nurse trailed off. "They didn't tell you, did they?" Amelia was white as a ghost.
"Tell me what?!" She begged. The nurse rubbed her arm comfortingly.
"Honey, I'm sorry to say that... well, you lost your baby."
~~~
three years later...

"You're unbelievable!" Amelia screamed from the top of the stairs, rushing after her husband who was just about ready to go into his office and slam the door.
"Oh, I'm unbelievable?!" Bill said. He laughed ruefully. "You're the one who doesn't want to go out to dinner with me!"
"It doesn't count as dinner if ten other boring business men are there!" Amelia seethed. "I just want to spend time with you, Bill! Alone!"
Bill rolled his eyes and went into his study, slamming the door shut behind him. This had been their fifteenth argument that week, and Bill was just a bit tired of it all. Screaming your head off at your significant other wasn't exactly a nice cup of tea.
"Don't you dare shut me out, Denbrough! Don't shut me out like you've been doing ever since we lost our baby!" There was no response, causing Amelia to grow even more furious.
  "Bill!" She cried. "Bill, if you don't open this door by the time I get to ten then this marriage is over! I can't deal with your cold attitude towards me anymore!"
  Bill, inside his study, groaned softly and sunk into his chair, rubbing his temples angrily. He didn't wanna hear it today.
  "One..." Amelia began. Bill rolled his eyes. "Two.. three... four..five. Six... seven..."
  Amelia was worried, for Bill wasn't coming to the door like she thought he would.
  "Eight..." Amelia trailed off, her voice wavering slightly. Bill glanced back at the door, sighing softly. He wanted to go to the door, he really did... but something was holding him back from doing so.
  "Nine..." Amelia trailed off. Her eyes had begun to water, and now she was hesitating, giving Bill even more of a chance to get up and open the door. But agonizing minutes passed, and he never came..
  "Ten..." Amelia slowly stepped away from the door, looking at as if it had turned around and belted her in the face. Her hands were shaking and slow tears were running down her face. So this was it. This was how they ended.
  This was the end of Bill and Amelia. No longer would they be together..
  Ever again.

-----
a/n; I updated finally wow. Well.. here it is. part two of this story is over. Time for part three ;)
~jughead jones the third
(P.S. I saw tøp in concert and I'm still emo abt it wow)
(P.S.S I changed my username. I used to be cutiepiecoogan)