Chapter 1; The Silver Bike

The rain pattered lightly on our roof as I sat in the living room, or as my mother called it, the parlor. The smooth wooden bench felt cold as I sat on it, my new skirt and white tights making the seat slowly grow warmer. My blue, fuzzy wool sweater with that dumb itchy collar made me feel hot, so I rolled up the sleeves and wiped my forehead with the back of my hand. I made sure my feet were flat on the ground (which were covered with my small black boots) as I placed my hands on the first few keys. Then, automatically, my fingers began to move along the keys, pressing down on them to play the notes. My curly hair bounced as I moved my arms along the keys and played. Fur Elise was my most favorite piece, and it was one of the few songs I didn't mess up.
"Very good darling, keep going," my mother spoke softly as she sat beside me on the bench. My fingers moved to the next keys, playing the melody of the song. Very good indeed, at least, until I lost my fingering and I hit the wrong key as my finger slipped. A sour note ringed through my ears, and my mothers.
"You pathetic child!" My mother yelled as she slapped my cheek and stood up. I yelped, holding my stinging cheek. "Haven't I told you never to mess up in front of others?! It's a sign of weakness that shall not be tolerated! Nobody in the Jones family will show weakness!"
"I'm sorry moth-" I started, but was cut off by another slap.
"Don't speak unless I ask you too! I didn't ask," she yelled. I sighed and looked down, the ground was becoming blurry. "Oh, what a screw up you are. I pity whoever ends up with you. I pity your father and I for being stuck with you! I pity you, for being such the disappointment you are. You're a terrible young lady!" I blocked out her yelling, the hot tears rolling down my red cheeks. I was used to this kind of stuff. My mother expected perfection, and nothing less. One tiny mistake and everything was hell. I stood up and began to walk out of the house.
"Don't you dare walk away from me when I'm speaking to you Amelia! Amelia!" She yelled, but it was too late. I was already running out of the house and into the rain. I didn't know where I was going, but I didn't care, as long as I was away from the house, I didn't mind. I soon passed the pharmacy drug store, and past the movie house, and now I was turning the corner and running along the road, when he came.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill Denbrough was a good kid. He minded his own business, helped others, listened to his parents, was smart, and beyond caring. The only thing though, was his stutter. People at school, such as Henry Bowers, made fun of him for it. For this reason, he did not belong with the normal kids.
After Georgie's death, Bill looked for other things to do that would keep his mind occupied. For example, right now, he was riding his bike Silver down to the barrens to meet his friend Eddie Kaspbrack.
"Hi-Yo Silver, away!" He yelled cheerfully as he rode his much too big bike along the street. He felt the wind and raindrops hit his face as he quickly sped down the road. Boy, he figured he was going so fast he could beat the devil. He smiled, not really caring about anything, and not fearing being killed by an oncoming bus or car, or a pedestrian. He rounded a corner, the wind whistling through his ears, and then he saw her....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He hadn't meant to crash into me, it just happened. He was going fast, too fast, to be able to stop when he rounded the corner, rounded the corner, and saw me walking along the street.
"Watch out!" He cried. But by the time I had turned my head, I was practically face to face with the silver handle bars. I jumped out of the way, skidding on my knee as I tried to stop myself from falling.
"Ow!" I cried, sitting down and gently touching my knee with my hand. My jeans were ripped, bloody, and the cut on my knee was bleeding a little too much. I looked over at the boy who had basically ran into me. He was rubbing the back of his head, his dirty blondish head. I rolled my eyes and looked back down at my knee, flinching as I realized how badly it was scrapped. After a few more seconds, the blue-eyed boy stood up and walked over to me.
"H-h-hey, y-y-you alr-ruh-ruh-right?" He asked, kneeling down and taking my hand to help me up. His hand was icy cold, but soft, and locked fingers with my hand perfectly. I quickly dusted myself off and nodded. He looked down, and seeing my knee, he quickly knelt down again.
"D-does it h-hu-hurt?" He asked, examining the scrape. Again, I shook my head, but winced as I tried to walk. He sighed.
"I'm re-really sor-ruh-ry, I didn't m-muh-mean to crash intuh-tuh you." He stuttered. I nodded, and kept quiet.
"D-don't you talk? Y-you can talk to muh-me, I don't bite." And as he said this, he gave me a small smile. I sighed, and took a deep breath before speaking.
"I'm sorry, I don't talk unless I have permission to talk. Mother says it's impolite, ladies do not talk unless asked to. I'm Amelia," I smiled. Blue eyes (the name I had for him at the time) smiled, and took my hand and shook it.
"I'm B-B-Bill Denbrough. Your full name is Amelia J-Jones right? I've seen you at school," he said. I smiled, and nodded.
"Yes, it is. I've seen you too, you sit behind me in class. It's a pleasure getting to talk to you," I sincerely meant what I said. I had always wanted to talk to the boy, get to know him better, but I was too shy, and what if he didn't want to hear me talk. It's always best to be quiet. His hand slowly turned warmer as he held onto mine. I looked down at our hands, still locked together, and blushed. I looked back up to see he was blushing too.
"Suh-suh-sorry," he blushed, letting go of my hand. It limply fell back to my side, the warmish cold sensation still lingering on my fingers. I smiled, rocking back and forth on my heels. I winced as the sting came back to my knee. Bill frowned.
"H-here, let me h-help y-you, I'll give you a r-r-ride on Silver," he said. He walked back over to the bike, it seemed awfully too big for him, but it wasn't hard for him to stand it up and hop on.
"Here, s-sit down," Bill smiled, patting the back part of the seat. I shrugged and climbed on, wrapping my arms around his torso.
"Hold on," he said, then began to peddle. "Hi-Yo Silvver away!" He yelled, then slowly began to peddle. The ride was wobbly at first, but after a while, we were speeding down the road. The wind blowing through our hair, the cold air nipping at our noses, the smiles growing on our faces as we rode fast down the street, faster than the devil.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I hope you guys enjoy reading this, idk, if no one reads this I'm just gonna stop writing this soon. Hopefully I don't have to though, but we'll see😊