Chapter 8: The Dam

I wake up to the bright sunlight in my face. I squint my eyes and use my hand to shield myself from the sun. I groan and roll over, only to realize the bed is empty. I sit up quickly and look around, Bill is in the bathroom cleaning his face. I sigh in relief, and get up from bed. There's some folded clothes on a chair, and since Bill is already changed and dressed, I'm guessing they're for me. I put on a blue and white striped shirt with some jeans, and put on black high top converse. I walked over to the dresser and looked in the mirror, fixing my hair up a bit and putting it into a loose bun.
"Y-you look really cu-u-ute in my c-c-clothes," Bill said from the bathroom, grinning at me. I thanked him before going into the bathroom and cleaning up. After breakfast (pancakes made by Mrs.Denbrough), Bill and I hopped on Silver and rode off down to the barrens, where I soon met some interesting people, who soon became my new best friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill and I walk hand in hand over to where everyone else is, including two new boys I've never seen before. One has fiery red, orangish hair with glasses, some tape in the middle of them. The other one seems to be wearing a scout's uniform, and has beautiful brown eyes, and slick brown hair. Seems Jewish, but then he doesn't seem Jewish. It's hard to tell.
"R-Richie, Stan, th-th-is is Ameli-li-a." Bill said, nodding towards me. He stepped back, to give us our space to introduce each other.
"Richie Tozier's my name, impersonations and jokes are my game," he said, taking my hand and giving it a quick shake.
"Ouch!" I exclaim, pulling my tingling hand back. He had a joy buzzer on his hand, Jesus. "Gee, nice to meet you too Richie," I reply sarcastically. He chuckles at this.
"I like you already! A little sarcasm doesn't hurt." He put his arm around the other boy. "This is Stan the Man Uris, he's Jewish, which means he's really smart and says 'Oy' a lot." Stan grinned, slinging his arm around Richie.
"And this here is Richie Tozier, who can't do a good impression to save his life, neither can he shut his mouth to save his life. Pleasure to meet you," Stan said. By now I was laughing to the point where I couldn't breathe.
"Nice to meet you both," I giggle, wiping my eyes. They both grin widely, and as Bill comes next to me and wraps an arm around me, I can see him grinning too.
"So... Haystack," Richie says to Ben, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Do you know how to build a dam?"
"No," Ben replies, shaking his head. Richie furrows his eyebrows.
"Then how do you know it'll work?" Richie asks. Ben simply shrugs.
"I just know."
"He just knows?!" Richie exclaims.
"He just knows!" Bill exclaims, as everyone joins in.
"Alright, then let's start the dam!" Richie exclaims. Everyone cheers, as we get to work.
Ben instructs us as we put up the boards, set up the rocks, and all the extra materials. A few hours later and the dam is a success! The water has stopped flowing from the other side, making a wading pool.
"You were right Haystack, good job!" Richie says, patting his back. Again, the cheers are exclaimed, as everyone starts to play around in the water. Bill jumps in, and grabs my hand, pulling me with him. I squeal loudly, falling in. I'm completely drenched, but I don't care. We laugh loudly, and look into each other's eyes. Our laughter dies down slowly, until we're completely quiet. Slowly, Bill leans in. I feel the butterflies as I lean in too, my eyes close slowly. Soon enough, I feel his soft lips against mine. He only brushes them against mine, before pulling away. I open my eyes, to see a blushing Bill. I can feel my cheeks, they're hot and flushed and warm.
"Oooo!" Richie, Stan, Ben, and Eddie exclaim. I roll my eyes and laugh, playful splashing them. Bill is grinning at me.
"A-Amelia, w-will you g-go steady with m-me?"
A/N: GOALS AF AWE OMG I'm very happy with myself, even though this was crappy :/

If We Live: Stephen King's IT {slow updates}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara