Chapter 19: Part Two New Beginnings

Two months later....

It was a quiet school day in September. The leaves were blowing through the wind as it chilled the bodies down below on earth. Beverly Marsh's braids swayed back and forth as she happily skipped to school, a postcard in her hand.

Your hair is winter fire,
January Embers.
My heart burns there too.

Her heart skipped a beat each time as she headed to school, her stomach was swarming with butterflies. 'He loves me, he loves me,' she thought. 'Bill loves me...'
~~~~~~~
Amelia now wears girly clothes, she's a doll. Instead of her flannels and jeans, she now wears twirly skirts and nice shirts, polished black shoes and bows in her curly hair. Knee high lace socks, she smells like vanilla cream, sweet and buttery. They're all sixth graders now, it's been two months since the event, and all are trying to act as if it didn't happen.
Bill holds her books in his arms, grunting as he tries to hold their weight. He's still a bit mixed up in the past events, but won't let anyone know that.
"Tomorrow's my birthday, I'm going to be twelve finally!" Amelia sighs happily, as the wind blows her deadly vanilla scent into his nose, making him inhale deeply, intoxicating him with her scent. He was in love, deeply, with her. But there were times when his tummy would feel funny when he looked at Beverly. He avoided her and spent his time with Amelia, and Richie and Stan and Eddie, and Ben. They didn't see much of Beverly anymore, because they didn't know her dad would beat her if he found out that she was hanging around with them again.
"I know," he smiled. "W-What do you want f-for your b-buh-buh-birthday?" Bill asks. Amelia dreams of candy hearts and teddy bears, dresses and flowers, music boxes.
"Just a nice birthday with all of you," she replies. Little did she know that her pity party was to come. Bill smiled, stopping to sit at a bench and set the books down. They both sat down together, watching a group of little kids ride by.
"Do you think your m-mom will stop by?" He asks. She's silent for a moment.
"No." Amelia hadn't seen her mother since she had been kicked out. It wasn't her fault her dad had left them when she was two, it wasn't her fault things were ruined. But that's what her mother believed, and thus the big fight occurred.
Beverly's heart was pounding now, as she walked over to the bench.
"Hi Bill," she smiled. He looked up, getting the feeling in his tummy.
"H-Hi," he managed to say back, and smiled.
"Hello, Bev," Amelia said, smiling gently. She intimidated Beverly. Amelia was this goddess to Bev, a perfect, beautiful girl who could have any guy she wanted, and right now she wanted Bill only. How could Beverly possibly win him over?
"Hello... Um, Amelia, could I have a talk with Bill?" She asked nervously. As Amelia opened her mouth to answer, the bell rang. Amelia's eyebrows creased, and she couldn't help but grow a small, smug smile on her face. She knew Beverly wanted to confess her love for Bill, and now she wouldn't get the chance to try and steal him away.
"I-I g-guess we can talk later," Bill said, grabbing Amelia's books, as she helped him carry them.
"Bye Bev, try and come over if you can tomorrow," Amelia said, handing her the blue invitation. Her name was written in cursive, hearts written over each 'i' on the card. Beverly managed a crooked smile, and nodded slowly.
"Bye..." She said, and looked down at the card again. 'Dinner at five thirty.' She crumpled up the card and tossed it to the ground, before walking off to class.
~~~~~
The creature is asleep, and will be for the next thirty years or so. Until then, we watch these children's lives play out and fall apart, so that once they reunite, the pieces can be put back together again.
These characters, these underdogs, these so called 'heroes,' face their own battles now. And wait for the creature to come back for their final battle. So let them enjoy what they have now, because soon it won't be the same ever again.
~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello! How are you guys :) I managed to update today bc I wanted to post a chapter before I leave to Mexico for the holidays. Ok for part two ima use third person narration but at part three I'll go back to Amelia's POV. Anyway, enjoy the chapter :)
Oh and as Bill probably gets older I'll just use Jonathan to show how he looks. Atm he still looks like Bill. Oh and btw can someone teach me how to put gifs instead of pictures for the chapters? Gracias :) ❤️
Btw yes Melanie Martinez is my profile pic bc she slays and she is my queen ok bye