Zander POV:

That shower felt like the best thing in the world. The warm water was totally refreshing and not only did it take the liquor smell away but it allowed me to finally wake me up to reality.

I took a lot longer than I intended to but I couldn't help it. I just kept overthinking everything about what would happen to my sister and why Wilder is helping me so time seemed to just fly by in a rush and I didn't realize how long I had been taking until I got out.

When I got out, I saw that there was a plain red button up shirt with an old, worn down pair of grey pants. There was some long socks and a plain white undershirt if I wanted it.

They were actually kind big. Wilder himself is like four sizes bigger than me but his older clothes still didn't fit me nearly as well. They were still about two sizes big but I wasn't complaining. If Wilder hadn't of helped me than I probably would have passed out on the side of a road or hidden somewhere in the forest.

When I wondered downstairs, I found Wilder sitting at a small round table. The house looked rather homey. All of the tables and chairs were made out of nice polished wood. The couches were all this greyish blackish color made out of nice, soft material. The cabinets were all painted light blown and the floor was totally carpet.

"How was your shower?" Wilder asked politely while standing up. It all seemed way too formal.... And awkward.

"It was fine," I stood at the entrance of the kitchen, awkwardly shifting back and forth on my toes, wondering if I should go and sit or wait until he invites me in. Wilder seemed to automatically realize that I was anxious and quickly did something about it.

"Come on in," he spoke quickly, "You can sit down if you like, while you are here in my house, you can use all the showers and bathrooms, you can eat what you want and you can watch whatever you want. No longer is it just my house, this can be your home too. OK?"

I nodded and looked at him gratefully. I felt this weird feeling that fluttered in my stomach start to move around and I started to heat up. What was happening? Before I could make this any more awkward, I quickly said, "Thank you again for everything."

"It's no problem at all. Would you like something to eat then? I have some bananas, cereal, waffles, pancakes, basically anything," he said.

"I'll just take a two waffles and some milk if you have some?" I said, taking a seat at the table.

"Dude, you can calm down now. There's nobody here to hurt you and you can be and do whatever you want," Wilder said with a small smirk, trying to break the tension.

I just gave him a small smile not truly believing what he said. Nowhere was never safe. I knew that from my father and even a little from my darling, sweet sister.

Wilder looked like he understood but didn't try to say anything so it was unusually quiet from him as the waffles were heating up in the microwave. My knee couldn't seem to stop shaking and my lips were starting to bleed from all the times that I've bitten them in nervousness.

Luckily they were only in there for thirty seconds so it wasn't that long. He poured the milk while the waffles were in the microwave and my breakfast was done in a flash. I just watched him move around, watching how he moved with agility and smooth. I automatically felt like a creep so I averted my eyes away.