Zander POV:

Wilder has been acting so weird lately. He was at first just always by my side but now, he's always trying to touch me. Not badly. Oh no. Leaning over my shoulder to see my notes, sitting and making our knees touch on the bus, always tapping me to get my attention, wrapping his arm around my shoulders in the hallways and on the way to the buses.

I feel like I'm becoming obsessed with Wilder. I keep thinking about him in my free time and his odd behaviours. And let me tell you, he has some really odd behaviours. I try to just tell myself it's because he just strangely interests me and nothing else. Anyways, I don't know why keep thinking about him when I have my own little problems to worry about.

Like how my sister is getting rather bored of me and I have to keep trying to give her examples of why to keep me around. It's just getting so much harder and I know that she will spill eventually. I just don't know what will happen to me if she does.

"Change the channel on the tv," Becca snapped at me. She likes to do that a lot; I'm like her personal slave. I tried to get up but my legs were still sore from my other beatings.

My beatings have become a regular thing now. Every morning I have to try and hide from my dad so that he can't beat me. At nights there is no hiding. He has to come home some time and when he does that's when he finds me. He usually traps me in a corner somewhere and then punches uppercuts to my stomach. Sometimes it's different; it really all just depends on his mood for that day.

"I don't know why I even keep you around anymore," she snickered at my horrible attempts to try and get up to get the remote. She had thrown it across the room because she was mad at the tv and some stupid drama show that she had been forcing me to watch. It was horrible, they just keep going back and forth and it's totally cringeworthy.

She rolled her eyes and finally just moved around in her bed so that she was closer to the edge. I learned why later when I felt her give me a hard kick to my back that sent me flying across the room but not close enough to get the remote. There was still about five feet between me and the remote.

"You're so pitiful," she snickered again.

I resorted to crawling, pulling myself up to my hands and knees and moving like a wounded animal. Finally I could get it and I threw it at her.

"There you go," I muttered, collapsing on the ground, entirely exhausted.

"No. You did it wrong. You're supposed to bring it back to me, you can't just throw it down. That's rude and disrespectful," she said, shaking her head in disappointment. She pressed her lips together and threw it right back down, making sure to hit me in the head.

That was it; I couldn't take it any longer. I landed down like a dead animal that had just been hit down on the streets. "No." I muttered the word but she clearly heard it.

"What did you just say?" she asked, shocked with surprise. She moved around to get a better look at me on the ground. I clearly took joy in her shocked and surprised expression. But I didn't smirk even though I wanted to so badly; I knew that would just make it worse.

"I said no," I said with a defeated sigh.