Zander POV:

I felt like hell. Not only did my dad and sister abuse me last night, I get beaten up by the bullies too. And I think, no I know, they opened up some of my wounds. My cheeks were still a little wet and sticky from my crying earlier.

I didn't even care that they saw me crying. I haven't cared for a long time. My dad and sister saw me cry too many times to count and I've lost all emotion to care about people seeing me cry.

I knew class was going to start at any minute now but I could hardly get up; it was going to be a while before I even made it to the building, let alone the classroom.

My classwork was ripped and shredded and the ones that weren't destroyed by Mike, were doused in so much mud, you couldn't understand a single word printed on the pages. My notebooks were everywhere, my binder completely trashed, and my pencils fell out when one of them (I can't remember who) flipped my bag over.

My stomach growled with hunger. I wasn't allowed to eat breakfast any more at home so lunch time was the only time that I could really eat. When it was dinner in my household, I would have to cook and watch them eat and if and only if I was lucky, would they give me some scraps or leftovers that they won't eat. I'd now have to find some scraps somewhere or hope that my dad is in a good mood tonight.

I finally got to my hands and knees and slowly started to pack up the stuff that was saveable. My science and math homework was completely ruined. My math notes had mud all over them. The only thing that was kind of saveable was my thick graph notebook and some of my loose pens and pencils.

Groaning I climbed to my feet and onward I charged, trying to get to get to the school. I hunched forward because my stomach was still sore from all of the bruises and there was a slight limp in my legs from my punishment from not making my dad's breakfast.

Onward I went until I reached my locker where I put all of my ruined stuff so no one would ask questions. I just wanted to blend in for once and not have bad people notice me.

I made my way to class with just my graph paper and my assortment of pens and pencils. I sighed. This was going to be the longest day of my life, I thought.

When I finally make it to the classroom, my chest was heaving and I was panting. My wounds on my chest were so bad that they were starting to affect my breathing.

"You finally decided to make it to class today Zander?" my teacher, Mrs. Aragon said with a sigh. She opened the attendance book and knocked my name off of the sheet. I looked down in shame, knowing that if I get two more than they will message my dad and then once he knows that, all hell will get loose. He would want to treat me a lesson and he will abuse me even worse until I can't even walk.

I made my way back to my seat but I made the mistake of looking up and I saw a pair of chocolate brown eyes stare right back at me. His shady blonde hair fell into the front of his eyes for a second but I couldn't notice anything else because we both looked away with our faces on fire. I frowned. Why did he look away? He's the bully, he should be smirking or something.

Before I could even make it halfway to my seat, which was luckily in the back of the room (because if you can't tell, I'm rather antisocial), I was tripped and fell face first to the floor, not even trying to save myself because I felt like I had given up.

I could hear a bunch of snickers behind me. I couldn't hear the teacher say anything so she might not have noticed anything or she just completely ignored me altogether. I squeezed my eyes together, trying to stop another downfall of tears. Instead, I resolved in trying to get back to my seat before I was called on.

I looked up to see a pair of black Nike's, kind of ruffed out as if he had been playing a lot of basketball or some other sport. I traveled the legs to see my bully watching me with emotionless eyes. I froze, half expecting something bad was going to happen. Our eyes connected and this time we both didn't look away.

"Bruh, did he see how he just fell? How pitiful is that?" one of his mindless goons yelled. He looked more on the chubby side with ugly greasy brown hair and brown eyes. But his eyes weren't as warm or soft as this guys eyes is.

When one of his members of the gang spoke, he automatically looked away. I saw that his hand was slightly outstretched as if he was going to help me up but he didn't even look at me after his friend spoke up.

"Hey, Wilder! Ya listening bro?" the last member of his gang spoke up. This guy was rather short like really short. He looked to be only around 5 feet tall. He had almost a buzz cut of boring brown hair.

This kid, Wilder automatically looked up more forcefully than willingly. He just nodded as if he didn't trust himself to speak.

"Mr. Banks, are you going to lay there all day? I have a class to get to and if you keep acting up, then I will have to call your dad," Mrs. Aragon said in an annoyingly high pitched voice.

My heart froze but my body reacted. I pushed myself up as if the room was on fire and I walked/limped back to my spot.

This was going to be a long day.