Part-23

“Hi, dear crush! Nice to meet you again.”, the guy in the driver’s seat exclaimed.

“Oh hello!!! Nice to meet you too. Wow! Meeting you after such a long time. So, you’re Peter?! ”, I asked, astonishment fluttering in my tone.

“Yep! I’m Peter Lawrence, the boy who had a crush on you a long time back. Now, I’ll be your one and only companion in NYC. Would you like it?”, he asked.

“Yeah yeah! I’d love to!!”

“So, how’s your relationship with Ethan going on? He’s cool .. isn’t it?”

“I... actually...__”, I paused....

Seeing the dull expression in my face he quickly managed to say, “Oh, I’m extremely sorry for giving you more pain after everything that had happened. Ryan told me about it when I was talking with him a few minutes back. I’m really sorry!”

“It’s Okay.. no need to be sorry.”, I replied in a sad tone.

“Did you know Ethan?”, I asked peter unable to control my curiosity.

“Yup! Why not? Both of us studied in the same school, Roosevelt High. He was my senior. He was the heart throb of every student in the school. But when I joined the school, I started winning hearts. And within a year, I became more popular than he was because he was too arrogant, narrow minded, self-centered, dominant and condescending whereas I was the complete opposite of him. So, we never got along and thus he turned revengeful towards me. He became my enemy. But as I was the best friend of his younger brother, Ryan, so he never got the chance to take revenge.”

“And do you know about the day when you asked me out and Eth___” I was cut off by him saying “Wait! It’s not complete yet.
Once in the early summer, we had a picnic in The Central Park. And that’s when my eyes landed on the world’s most beautiful girl and it was a love-at-first-sight. That day, I kept on staring at you all day long and perhaps it was noticed by Ethan.
Next week, when all of us again hung out at the same place, surprisingly I saw you once more.
That day we were playing Truth-and-Dare.
I got a dare from Ethan. He challenged to go and woo you and win your heart if I can. Up till this I was happy. But then he added that if I fail to do so, he would try to win over you and if he remained successful in doing so then I will have to move away from his way and never try to show him down in front of you. And that’s what happened that day. I saw the fire of revenge flashing in his eyes as he insulted me in front of you. I was sooo deeply hurt. I felt cracks in my heart. Whatever ... leave all th___” this time I cut him off saying, “So, why did he say that he knew that I lik___” he cut me off once more by putting a finger on my lips.

He then gave out a deep sigh (don’t know why) and started speaking in his energetic voice, “Oh, just stop!!! What the hell! You’re sooo impatient. You’re never giving me the chance to complete saying what I’ve to say.”

“Oh sorry! You may complete. I’ll not interfere anymore.” I said in a low voice.

“I know what your questions are!
You were going to ask why Ethan said you that he knew that you liked him. Isn’t it??”

“Yeah.. you’re correct!” I exclaimed.
‘Wow!!! Can he read minds??’ I wondered.

He continued, “It may hurt you but the answer to this is he used to say this to every random girl. It had grown into his habit. He actually never loved you. He just went on using and cheating you. Only I knew this. But I couldn’t save you from this poisonous guy because... because he forcefully made me promise not to do so.
He’s a dangerous guy. Once he went to my house when I wasn’t there and killed my pet puppy. This drove me into an ocean of grief.
Once when I tried to make you aware of his ill deeds, he perhaps noticed me doing so and threatened me to kill my little brother next time I did anything against his wish. So, nevertheless I kept quiet.”

Hearing this I jumped in horror, “What???? He was such a dangerous guy????!!!!?!?
Thank God, nothing had happened to me in the whole time I spent with him!
I just can’t believe my own ears!”

“Truth is always bitter in taste!” he exclaimed.

I nodded my head in agreement.

------------------------------------------------
This is d next chappie... 😚

A quite looooooong chapter, isn't it ??? 😋😂

Hope you liked it. 😁
Share your views. 😊
Comment & vote! 😄
I'll update soon. 😎