Christmas in London

Start from the beginning

Going back to Kol’s parents, they had observed Niall with their usual protective manner. Niall may have been wealthy, young and famous, but that didn’t mean that they didn’t want the best for their little girl. To them, it was even more of a negative, because they didn’t trust the world of famous people, and they thought that most of these stars were superficial and fickle-minded. It was safe to assume that they thought that Niall would end up dumping her easily once he finally got bored with her.

Niall won over them in the end though, with his odd sense of humor and easy attitude. He tried not swearing, but it was almost impossible. Kol had told him that if he had to swear, then he should choose the ones that were more European, so that her parents wouldn’t realize that he was actually cussing.

There was a time difference, with Kol’s parents ahead for a considerable amount of hours, and it was already the 26th for them, while it was 7PM on the 25th for Kol, Niall and his family.

Niall took out the DVD replay and said, “I think we’re supposed to be watching Christmas specials now though.”

He looked over at Kol and grinned, waving at the screen and said, “Hello, Aunt and Uncle! Did you have a pleasant Christmas?”

“We’re very tired,” Alex, Kol’s dad, said. “We also miss our baby. When are you coming home for a visit?”

Kol turned toward the camera and Niall sat beside her. “I’m not sure. I’m still booking some shoots, but they’re all over the States and a few from Europe. I really wish I could come home though.”

“Is she an instant celebrity there already?” Niall grinned, and Kol hit him. He knew how much she hated it when he referred to her fame, which she insisted wasn’t even fame at all. “Isn’t it weird that you left the country a normal girl going on holiday, and then coming back a famous supermodel who everyone will want attention from?”

Kol looked at him glumly and leant her head on his shoulder. “Don’t remind me.”

“I started to get messages from people who I hadn’t heard from in years,” Claire, Kol’s mother, put in. “After they all asked about how I was going, they suddenly asked about my daughter. I don’t even know how they found out how she was my child.”

“You will probably get that a lot,” Niall laughed. He sounded ten times more Irish, since Claire and Alex spoke English with normal American-like accents without twangs. “I got a lot of people suddenly popping out and telling me how good friends we were, but I didn’t even know them except for when I passed by them in the hall.”

“We’ve gotten a lot of messages from your batch mates,” Alex said. “I don’t know who to actually entertain, since I only know a few of your friends personally.”

“Just ignore them, dad.” Kol rolled her eyes. She wasn’t exactly part of the popular crowd back in school, but she was linked to those kinds of circles from time to time, since she was friends with the ones she didn’t find fake or users. “I probably never talked to more than half of those.”

“Are there any different Christmas traditions for you?” Alex asked Niall, who had to think about it.