Chapter 35: Change of plans...

First off: Holy shit I changed the cover. And I actually LIKE it! 😅

Anyway...

(Edited 7/28/18)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jasmine." Poke.

"Jasmine." Poke.

"Babe."

"Baby."

"Babydoll."

"My Love." He rests his hand on my thigh.

"My World."

"My Universe."

"My Life."

"I love you."

I turn and I stare at him, searching his face, eyes, body language. And he starts laughing. Hysterically. He's laughing so hard, his green, red rimmed eyes are tearing up.

Red rimmed because he decided to get drunk last night. He drank an entire bottle of Grey Goose. Idiot.

"That was fucking hilarious." He laughs at his own words, specifically, the 'I love you'. Asshole.

He wipes his eyes. I turn to glare at him. "You're not helping your situation, fuckface." I roll my eyes and he holds back his laughter.

"Hey, at least you're talking to me now."

I turn to look outside the window. We're on a plane, heading to Amalfi Coast. He's been annoying me this entire ride.

I'm still pissed at him because of what happened yesterday. He deserves the silent treatment big time.

"Jasmine, what happened with Kaitl—"

"I don't want to hear it." I cut him off, still looking out the window.

"Let me ex—"

"No." I state firmly, crossing my arms over my chest.

     He pauses and looks around at the other passengers on the plane. He clenches his jaw and exhales through his nose before turning back to me. "Let me explain, Jasmine."

I look at the time on my phone. "You have five minutes, starting now."

He looks at me blankly before speaking. "It really wasn't what it looked l—"

"Oh really?" I say sarcastically, huffing. "It wasn't what it looked like." I mock and I turn to him, intertwining my hands together.

"What does it look like to you when you see two people coming from God knows where, your lips swollen, her shirt crinkled—"

"She didn't have on a shirt last night." He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yes she did."

"No she didn't."

"Yes she did because she wore Mason's button-down since she never got into the water and he didn't want his shirt all sandy." I look at him like he's crazy. Guys suck at paying attention to detail.

"That's beside the matter," he shoos me off. "Look, we didn't do anyth—"

I raise my hand to stop him. "Stop feeding me lies, Liam. Y'all came out from the wilderness—"

He groans, hitting his head on the back of his seat. "It was another part of the beach, Jasmine."

"Does it look like I give a fuck?" I look down at myself before I make eye contact with him. I pray he didn't notice me flinch. Damn him and his bright eyes. "No, I don't."