Chapter 3: Finally

(Edited 2/11/18)
     Waking up to the sound of keys jiggling in the door, I pop my head up and jump out of the bed.

I didn't even care that I was only wearing a tank top and the shortest shorts I own, it was pretty hot last night, so I changed clothes.

"Jazzy I'm home!" I hear a excited mom say as she hugs the crap out of me. She seems very cheerful.

     "Hey ma! Where have you been for the past couple of days, it better had been worth it," I put my hands on my hips and raise my eyebrow.

     "I told you I was working over time-"

     "Over night!? For over two days mom, really?" I'm not buying any word she says. My mom loves her job and all, but she doesn't love it that much.

     "Well, no, I did work over time when I texted you, but I went other places after that..." she walks over to the kitchen and opens the fridge and see there's no food left.

Oops, I might've ate everything in the fridge. Oh well.

     "And where exactly did you go?"

     "Your greedy self, I just knew you were going to eat everything. Get the groceries out the truck." She walks to the living room and cuts on the tv completely ignoring my question.

     "Mama, I'm going to do that and when I get back, you have some explaining to do."

     She looks down at my wrist, then my ankle and her eyebrow lifts. "What in the actual hell did you do to yourself Jasmine Josefina Galvin."

Yeesh ma, whole name?

"I fell down the stairs," I come up with a quick lie and try to brush it off. "Clumsy me." I fake laugh. She didn't seem convinced one bit, but thank God she let it go.

     After putting up what seemed like a lifetime supply of groceries, I slowly walk over to the couch, trying not to stress my ankle, and plop down beside her. "Now, where have you been?" I narrow my eyes at her and she starts laughing.

     "Okay okay. The first night I swear I worked overtime. Then one of the guys from work asked me to go to lunch with him, then lunch turned into dinner, then dinner turned into me spending the night. Simple."

Ahhhh.

     "Uh huh, and before you go back to talk or do whatever it is single parents do, he's going to have to come over so I can interrogate him," I say folding my arms over my chest and tilt my chin up.

     "Okay okay grandma."

     Me and my mom have always been like this. We are like friends, but there's still some lines I know not to cross.

I can tell her almost anything and I can ask her questions and laugh with her. I can also do things like this, which is demand her to tell me what she's been up to and stuff like that.

But you know, all the sex and extra stuff like that, I know not to cross that line; she is my mother.

I guess you can say we are really close like this because she had me at the ripe age of 17. She's really pretty so no wonder.

Nice really curly dark brown hair and light green eyes. And she has dimples! Goodness I'd kill to have such deep dimples like her.

I have only one on my right cheek and it's very faint. What gives ma? Couldn't share the wealth?

     "Well let's set this up for tomorrow night? I have nothing planned," I nudge her on her arm and smile at her all cheeky like.