Chapter 2: Awkward

(Edited 1/31/18)

"Baby girl," he calls my name out and lifts me up off the bed. He sits down and just stares at me, looking me up and down. He shakes his head and looks down.

     "I know this sounds stupid. I- I- um..." he clears his throat and looks up at me taking my hand. "I like you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to Kait pushing me. What could she want? I'm clearly sleeping. Dumbass. "What do you want."

     "Shut up and get up, your boy toy's here."

     I leap out of the bed with my eyes wide open. What?! How does he know where I stay? I run straight to my closet and pick out some clothes then I sprint to the bathroom.

I take a 10 minute shower and throw on my clothes. I brush my teeth and do the normal morning routine and I don't even bother to put on makeup. I pull my curly hair up into a messy bun and run towards the door.

I make sure to grab my purse, phone, and keys. As soon as I try and run out the door, I run straight into a strong body, knocking me onto my ass.

     "Baby are you okay?" I'm assuming it's Tatum who is immediately picking me up from the floor and checking me for injuries.

     "Yes, Tatum. I'm okay, but I'm not your baby," I say sternly and start to walk to a chair on the porch. "Why exactly are you here at 12 in the afternoon?"

     "I um. I wanted to talk to you about something?" He says in a questiony voice. He walks and stops in front of me.

     I sit on the chair and stare at the next house across the street looking straight pass him. "Proceed." I don't know why, but I just feel a little awkward around him ever since last night.

     "Well, I don't want to just jump straight to it, but I don't k-"

     "Can you just get to the point Tatum," I say agitated. I don't know why I'm coming off as rude, it's sort of just happening. He looks at me all confused like and takes a light sigh.

     "The party last night?" He puts his hands into his pocket and sways back and forth. He runs his fingers through his hair and stares off.

     "What about the party Tatum?" I ask rolling my eyes. What has gotten into me. He's Tatum. The boy that actually admitted he liked me last night and...

We kissed.

     Why was I mad? You tell me. All I know was that I was getting more furious by the second. "You don't remember?" He looked at me with hurt in his expression. Fuck. I'm a terrible person.

     "Yes Tatum, I remember. You like me, and? Big deal," I say throwing my hands up in the air. He lifts an eyebrow up and narrows his eyes at me.

I'm a bitch.

     He looks away and then looks back at me with pure rage in his light brown eyes. He was pissed. I was pissed. This clearly didn't turn out as planned for him, I saw a bit of hurt in him too.

I feel like a total bitch. Why am I acting like this. He just stares at me in an angry shock. "Wow" is all he says and he walks off to his car without saying anything.

     He slams his car door and sits there staring ahead of him. He glanced at me once and shook his head before driving out of sight.

You idiot ass bitch.

     I let out a deep, frustrated sigh and walk back into the house. I slammed the door closed and walked straight up to my room.

     I slammed the door and kicked it so hard, my foot went right through it. "Fuck!" I yelled to the top of my lungs and punched the wall. "Shit!" I screamed as well, I heard my wrist crack and I fell on the floor.