Chapter 18: Hoco...ohno.

(Edited 7/11/18)
"Where's Kaitlyn." I say seriously and all the guys turn to me.

It's been a while; I haven't seen her after the whole Brandon and Starbucks fiasco and I'm starting to get worried. She didn't pick me up for school and she hasn't texted me yet.

"Why would we know?" Jordan asks and I turn to him. We are all sitting in our normal spots except for the spot to the left of me, where Kaitlyn is supposed to sit. She's not here.

"Her boyfriend is fucking Brandon Hernandez. Lacrosse Captain?" I look for any sign and Sean stares at me wide eyed before looking at the ground. "Sean?" I raise both my eyebrows.

"N-nothing. Did you say Brandon Hernandez?" He asks me and I nod. "Yeah, nothing." He scratches the back of his neck and I narrow my eyes at him.

"What are you not telling me?" I open my sprite can, hearing the click of the top is kind of satisfying.

"I just...um. Brandon Hernandez is not known as the nicest guy at this school." He shakes his head and Mason scoffs.

"He fucking abuses his girlfriends." Mason says instead of Sean and twitch in anger.

"Care to expand, Mason?" I dig my nails into Liam's arm and he glares at me, but I couldn't care less.

"If they don't have sex with him or do whatever he tells them too, then he'll hit them. Not like a tap, but he'll punch them and much worse. Wait, your friend is dating him?" Mason asks me and frowns.

"Yeah," I dig deeper into Liam's arm and he starts to wince. "He's dating my fucking sister."

I just might murder someone if she's hurt.

"His dad is abusive, so he feels like he has to take his anger out in his girlfriends. Even if he is dating your best friend, he hasn't done that in months." Gabriel chimes in, but it really doesn't ease my anger.

I'm boiling.

"I don't give a damn. If he lays a finger on my girl I swear I'll—" Kait plops down next to me in a daze. "Kaitlyn! You had me about to murder everyone here." I let go of Liam's arm and he exhales. I pull Kait into a hug and she flinches. "Are you okay?"

I look at her and I notice that she has on a lot of makeup. She's wearing a big hoodie and some sweatpants. I look into her eyes, trying to speak to her telepathically and she looks away.

Damn.

     The rest of lunch went by pretty slowly. It was quiet because of all the tension in the air. I was pissed, Liam was being a wimp because I made his arm bleed, and the rest of the guys were trying not to set me off.

     The rest of the school day, I haven't been paying attention. All I know is that we have some more tests coming up next week.

     On the bright side of things, Tatum asked Kait to homecoming, so it made her feel a hell of a lot better, which made me happy. All of the guys on the football team have a date, except Liam.

      Emily and Sophia tried so hard to get Liam to go with one of them, but he turned them down.

And I'm so happy about that.

     I decided not to go to homecoming because I know I'll probably break my streak of not fighting anyone. I am, however, going to the big football game.

Last class of the day, choir. I like singing...it helps me channel my anger, I've learned. I found that out today as soon as we started warm ups. All the anger I had from when I couldn't find Kait just disappeared.