"However I am trying understand how everything works this time, not into meeting anyone."

"That's a shame because I was planning to introduce you to some of them. " He said feigning sadness.

"Why will you want to do that ?" I was genuinely confused at his friendly gestures.

Okay, I might not be the most awkward being around but still I was never great at forming quick bonds. Which explains my small friend circle.

"Can't a guy be just polite and try to be a gentleman? "
Giving my best dont-play-around look, I stood with folded hands, urging him for the truth.

" I hope you are not trying to hit on me. " I feigned being serious.

"Do you really think I am trying to hit on you? " The disbelief on his face was almost comical.

I was barely able to control my laughter as I reasoned, "Otherwise, Why one of the top most lawyer in the town would want to help me out?"

"I really hope you are questioning my motives to mess with me. And to be clear I was just trying to help you out because I felt you are genuine. We won't see such people around much." His face was serious but not offended.

"I am sorry but you see it is not easy for a girl to trust in today's time and thank you for being honest." I smiled, "So now are you going to introduce me to these influential people ?"

He motioned forward as we made our way to the centre.

After introducing me to few, he excused himself. Thus leaving me on my own.

The interactions were helpful as I realized the real persons behind all those names I read on news.
Skipping through conversations I finally made way for dinner.

After collecting my dinner I joined other volunteers in the table giving my inputs for the ongoing conversation.

"So Sria I noticed you already met few of our sponsors. "Armaan addressed as all their attention zeroed on me.

"Ya! Mr. Anand got me introduced to few of them. Stating it will help me in future. " I shrugged.

"Advik's right! If you are in for media then this meetings are going to help you a lot. " Sneha stated.

"Leave all that! Why are you calling Advik with his last name? Here all of us call him 'Advik' you know" Ross questioned quoting the name with her hand.

Noticing my puzzled state Sneha helped me out.

"Actually he is more than our legal head. He helps out a lot in the centre whenever he can. "

The conversation moved from one topic to another as we had the dinner.

It was already 9 when most of the people made their way out.

"I hope you have a ride back home tonight? "
Advik startled me as I was collected my bag from the office.

"I have my two-wheeler." I replied composing myself.

"Driving alone!?! Okay before you argue, I understand all about independent women and their freedom but still you see the independent men nowadays don't know how to exert their freedom."
He reasoned.

It was clearly evident from his voice that even he's not fond of the situation.

Noticing my thoughtful expression, he continued "Both of us are witnessing the cases on a day to day basis here in the centre. I just want you to be careful. Rest is upon you."

He left to do his work as I thought about his words.

The entrance was almost empty as I moved out.