Prologue: How we got here

A/N: It's finally here! Woohoo! So real quick, I wanna say thankyou to everyone for waiting so patiently for this again and again I'm so sorry it took so long. But we're here now and I think it's gonna be a hell of a ride. So let's not wait any further, and Here. We. Go.

Hello, it's me again, Beca Mitchell, ur friendly neighborhood....well...you know all that happy stuff. As all of you know, we've been through some pretty crazy adventures in the past while, and I know it's been a while since all of that and some things have changed. So let's look back, and see how came to be who I am now and how much I've climbed.

New York City, it's my home, my playground, my responsibility. It has been the place I have watched and safe guarded since I was sixteen, when I got bit by a radioactive spider that gave me super enhanced abilities. The first couple of years as a new masked protector and a teenaged girl tryna figure out her life were pretty tough, then it only got tougher when my dad practically forced me to go to his college. However,on the first day there, I met someone, someone who changed my world in more ways than I can count, someone who got me through some of the hardest parts of being Spider-Woman, helped me to realize who I truly was and who I wanted to be, and became my greatest motivation for being the city's protector.

Her name is Chloe Beale, she had sparkly blue eyes, bright red hair, soft light skin and the bubbliest personality I have ever seen. By far the most beautiful living creature I had ever laid eyes on. Whenever I was around her, I felt different, I felt better. She got me to be more open, she got me to express things and do things I didn't normally do, she got me to be an entirely different person whenever she was near me. I even joined a freaking Acappella group because of her. Needless to say, it didn't take long for her to find out I was Spider-Woman, nor did it take long for us to become a really serious thing.

With her help, not only did I manage to stay and get through college while also being Spider-Woman, but with her help, and the help of my best friends, I was able to take on a new foe, the Green Goblin. He was a tough cookie to find, let alone beat. But thanx to all of their help, we were able to track him down, discover what he was and defeat him. But he came back with vengeance, forcing me to reveal myself to our Acappella group, the Cleftomaniacs, for desperate help.

Luckily, we were able to put a stop to him once and for all. However, when the goblin began to change back into his natural human form, we suspected him to be Norman Osborn, the founder and leader of Oscrop Industries. But instead, it turned out to be his son, and my life long best friend, Jesse. He developed the same sickness that his father had and outta fear, took the serum that turned him into the goblin. And in the end, that's what killed him.

About a year later, Tony Stark, aka the Iron Man, came to me with an opportunity to take down Oscorp, the crooked business that led to Jesse's creation and death. Chloe had wanted me to take a break from being Spider-Woman, but this was something I had to do. So without her say, I took the offer and everything seemed to be working out. But it resulted in encountering a another villain, the Rhino, another one of Oscorp's cross species genetics projects. He wasn't the brightest of the bunch, but he proved his worth nonetheless.

From putting me in the hospital to putting Chloe in the hospital, I was driven to a very dark and vengeful point. I was consumed by a symbiote that gave me a black spider suit and increased every power I already had, but it brought out the worst in me. Luckily, Chloe got to me before I could do anything too bad, and then I rid myself of the suit before stark dragged rhino away. But just when victory seemed to be ours, the symbiote then consumed Aubrey, the former co-captain and Jesse's girlfriend, making her believe I murdered him and turned her into Venom. But we were able to save her too and help each other through our grief.

Shortly after that, the love of my life, Chloe, proposed to me. Of course, there was no way I could say no, she was too good and too amazing for me to not spend the rest of my life with. Without her in my life, I wouldn't even be alive. So I said yes to that beautiful goddess of a woman, and we've been happily engaged ever since. Having Chloe in my life and taking down any nemesis that came about, it seemed that everything we wanted was here.

But then finally, the symbiote's offspring decided to show up and do even worser damage than before. It consumed not only the body, but the bloodstream of the psychotic serial killer, Cletus Kasady, and thus turning him into Carnage. To this day, he's the toughest adversary I have ever faced in my life. Not only was he physically imposing, but he even made me question myself in who I was and the things I do. But despite everything, it was thanks again to Chloe that I managed to pull through and beat him.

I stongly believe that night and the years that followed is what brought me to the primal state I have reached and remain in today. Since then, I've faced other challenges, other foes, and none of them could stand in my way. Now me and Chloe have been graduated for a little over a year and are currently living happily together, but are still somewhat tryna figure out our lives and where we're headed. But nonetheless, everything seems great and our future is looking bright.

So you all might be wondering, what was the point of this trip down memory lane? Well, my mother was one of the wisest people I've ever known, she always had these great sayings to teach me. One of them was this, every person on this earth is meant for something, a moment that defines us, our lives and the world we live in. A moment when we fight our greatest battle, and that everything we've ever faced in our lives, every challenge we have ever endured, it was all meant to prepare us for this one moment of truth. When it's all done, the rest of our lives are nothing but eternal happiness.

Like everything else she taught me, I loved it and took it to heart. Sometimes I thought that that night against Carnage was that moment in my life. But if it's what brought me to my primal state, than is it really? Or was it the last step to prepare me before fighting my truest, greatest challenge yet?

Although everything seems great, I can't help but feel that day is still yet to come. I can't help but feel like there's something else, something more I need to do. I can't help but feel something might be missing, that something else might be coming, that there's one last thing I may need to do before my mission as Spider-Woman is fully accomplished. I don't know when that day will come, but when it does, I'll be waiting and I'll have Chloe by my side. And as long as I do, no matter how hard it may be, I know that I...we will make it through it, me and her, just like it's been.

So here we are, bring it on.

A/N: and that's the prologue. Stay tuned for updates that will appear shortly, if ur a youtube fan then please check out the other story I'm doing as well, please comment and vote and have a nice day/night.