Quinn faced her with a wicked smile, now even taller than the evil queen bee with blood red pumps, a long sleeved sheath black dress, pale makeup with dark red lips. It was Mr. Sinclair's funeral, for heaven's sake, not the time for a drama queen's show. Scarlett needed to be taught a lesson. And who better than her to do that. She enjoyed putting her in the right place.

"Scarlett Bloom, look around you. This is a funeral." She glanced around and eyed the gathered crowd. "Let's not forget about the actual reason we are all here!" A huge silence prevailed now. She turned her attention back on Miss high ponytail. "Bloom, mind your own business. One more word about the mayor and Jade's dad, I'll make sure you pay for it. Seems like you forgot about the treatment you got on my first day, darling,"she said in a low voice. She gave her a sweet innocent smile. Ash seized the chance to speak. "You will apologize to both my mom and Mr. Moore right now." Scarlett backed away one step, her confidence wore off, and walked away where the parents poised.

"Mrs. Williams and Mr. Moore, I'm sorry for what I've said." She lowered her tone so that only these two can hear. "I don't mean it by the way." With that, she made her way out of the cemetery.

With long strides, Ash made his way to where her lovely mother stood, hugged her gently and escorted her forward to face everyone. Jade, speechless and confused, left Lisa and Jason and rested her head on her father's shoulder.

The next moment, Dravon Blackwell reached, all eyes on him, contemplating his breathtaking looks. With a smoking black suit, he exerted an aura of absolute superiority. He greeted the mayor and Mr. Moore, then stood next to Quinn. He lowered his head and whispered in her left ear. "Keep that fearless attitude, redhead. I savored the way you tackled Bloom." She leveled up her gaze to meet his and flashed a bright smile. Next, he raised an eyebrow, surprised at the twin's mother.

"Mrs. Williams, why is the funeral not started? Something wrong?," he inquired.

"We were waiting for you, Dravon." He nodded. "I'm honored, Mrs. Williams." She beckoned the priest to do the necessary. The burial site where the body was laid to rest was blessed and a final prayer was conducted. The mob decreased when a blast of heavy rain fell on them. The infinity members were the last ones to leave, all soaked wet but unbothered by that fact.

Jade and Ash left with their respective parent, both of them determined to keep Mr. Moore and Mrs. Williams away from each other. Ash's mom gave Mr. Moore a forlorn look before Ash grabbed her hand tightly and led her to his car. 

Dravon strolled alone in the cemetery, lost in thoughts. Shade approached Quinn, who still stood, her brown eyes on Dravon as he wandered farther, away from her.   

"Quinn, you will fall sick if you keep standing under a pouring rain," Shade acknowledged.

"I'm used to it now, Shade." 

"For how long do you intend being the guest of Blackwell, by the way?," he asked, concerned about her.

"Honestly, I don't know." Shade shook his head, wiped off droplets of rain from his faced and shrugged lightly.

"Never mind, let me drop you to his mansion."

Just then, a familiar voice echoed in her head. (Go with him, Quinn. As soon as you reach home, take a hot bath. I don't want you to catch a cold.)

The drive lasted only twenty minutes with Shade sulking about her staying there and her thinking about why Dravon chose to be alone. It affected her to see him so self-absorbed, so confined to himself earlier. She wanted to know more about him, about his past and his secrets.

***  

After one long week since the death of Mr. Sinclair, the students were back to their normal self, no more sullen or gloomy faces, no more gossip about his suicide : frankly, they all avoided that topic, pretending everything was fine. 

But it wasn't. Dravon had tried his best to locate that demon's master but in vain. With nothing unusual happening, it was hard to trace him. The whole week had been quiet, with the air strangely calm and still just like an awaiting storm before it's arrival.

The only relief the Blue Sonority elites got was Scarlett Bloom's continuous absence. Quinn wondered why however since it was really unusual of her as she arranged her things, closed her locker. 

Quinn's vague thoughts were cut off when the principal announced that all Mr. Sinclair's students needed to attend English class as from today, no more bunking classes. Well, maybe he got a replacement for their favorite teacher after all. All the girls rushed in the hallway, eager to know about identity of the new teacher.

When Quinn ushered inside the classroom, only Jade, Lisa and Jason had showed up, no sign of Ash and Shade. She took her seat next to an unsmiling makeup free Jade who still was under the shock of losing someone she admired so much.

The principal came next with a tall black-haired man, not older than twenty-five, with a tailored charcoal suit which fitted him perfectly. 

"Students," Mr. Moore addressed. "I know you all have been deeply affected by the death of M.Sinclair. But things need to take it's normal course back." He turned to the strict looking man. "I present you your new English teacher..." The man who stood next to him raised a hand in objection. "Allow me to introduce myself." Mr. Moore, stunned, turned and walked off without another word.

"My name is Morgade Whitmore. I will be teaching you all from now," the cold unsmiling man said, his black eyes fixed on Quinn Richards.