Escape

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Percy Jackson, nor Heroes of Olympus, Rick Riordan does

Third Person POV:

Inside the blood red castle of Tartarus, in the room where Percy was chained, a flash of blinding silver light appears before fading away to reveal a man with a wolf pelt and armor on. The man flicks his wrists and a hooked blade shoots out as well as a hidden blade causing the man to smirk as he retracts the blades.

Percy's POV:

I walked out of the cell and crouched low as I started sneaking through the corridors. I soon reached a set of stairs and quietly walked up them and as I reached the next floor I heard the sound of footsteps echoing through the halls heading toward me and I leapt onto the wall and flattened myself against the ceiling with my hookblade as an empousa ran past and down the stairs. I dropped to the floor and into a roll as I started to run through the halls trying to get out of the castle. I raced around corners and up stairs until I found a window and I sprinted full speed toward it. When I got to it, I leapt through it, causing a loud crashing sound and when I looked own I knew it was going to be a hard landing.

'Hehehe where do you think you're going?' a sinister voice said in my mind and I cursed as I felt two scale covered talons grip onto my arms and I grunted in pain 'I knew you were stubborn but to actually try to escape? I must say I am amused' The voice said and I growled as I put my right hand on the scale covered talon and extended my hidden blade 'Gah, that actually hurt' the voice said as I was dropped onto the ground where I rolled and stood up and retracted the blade

A shadow passed over me before a large black dragon with a gem in its forehead landed.

'Like my new form? I think I will use it to kill you' The dragon said and I cursed as I figured it was Tartarus

"It will be your ending soon enough" I say as I pull Riptide out and uncap the pen and summon my shield

'I would like to see you try' he taunted as I rushed forward

He flapped his wings, causing a gust of air that I forced my way through before I leapt up and tried to swing at his neck only to be swatted away. I tumbled on the ground before I dug my shield into the ground and slid back a few feet before launching forward again.

'Pathetic' He spat as he gave his wings a huge flap causing me to fly back onto my back before he launched into the air and attempted to land on me

I rolled to the side and slashed at his front left leg causing a small cut to appear before I was swatted away again.

'You can't defeat a primordial, we are the all powerful' he said triumphantly and I stood up and saw his mouth flicker with a dark red flame 'and now you will feel the all powerful might of the king of dragons, the great Tartarus!' He announced as he reared his head back and let loose a torrent of fire

I ducked behind my shield and I felt the heat reach me as the flames pounded against the celestial bronze. However, as I looked down I saw a small droplet of Celestial bronze and I grew very worried. My shield was melting from the intense heat. Soon, I could feel the weight of my shield getting lighter as more and more of the bronze melted onto the ground in front of me. Still, I continued to block the flames that threatened to consume me.

'Do you, Percy Jackson, pledge your life and soul to Artemis, to serve her and protect her no matter the cost?' the familiar voice that led me to the Phlegethon said

"I do" I grunted as the top of my shield melted away and I had to duck to get under the flames

'Are you willing to hold her through the hardships of life, to return to her no matter the distance, and to stay loyal to her for all eternity?' The voice said

"I am" I say as the rest of my shield melts leaving only the Aieon crescent moon

'Do you wish to be by her side and comfort her though this war?' the voice asked and I closed my eyes as the flames hit my form but I held firm in the blocking position

"I do" I said finally

'I then now pronounce you, Paladin of the moon, holy protector of Artemis' the voice said

Third Person POV:

The flames burned away Percy's armor and clothing, leaving him with nothing except his boxers and a crescent moon on his left arm. Suddenly a silver mist wove its way through the dark red fire and encircled Percy's feet. As the silver mist slowly moved up his legs, Aieon like armor appeared in the mist's path. The mist continued to travel up Percy's form and when it reached his upper torso, it split off into three separate sections, one headed towards his sword arm where it created Aieon armor, the second one headed over his neck and head where it created a pure white wolf pelt, and the final one that headed towards his shield arm where it created Aieon armor and when it reached the Crescent moon, it vanished before the area around the crescent sparkled like the night sky before a shield slowly expanded out from the crescent and took the shape of a kite shield that was made out of pure Wofrium with the silver crescent in the center. When the shield was finished, Percy's hair grew darker, his veins glowed a pure silver as his eyes snapped open and the blood vessels in his eyes glowed silver and bled into the sclera causing the white to turn silver as his sea green iris' became so vibrant they practically glowed. The pure white wolf pelt over his head started turning as black as the void, started at the top of the ears and when the color reached the base a bright golden crescent moon started forming in the Aieon shoulder guards. When they finished, his form flashed for a brief second as the shield gained a silver glow and a dome formed around Percy.

Tartarus continued to let loose his torrent of fire for several minutes. When he finished the fire stayed where Percy was at and raged on. Satisfied with his work Tartarus began to ponder how he should torment the gods when suddenly the flames shot away from the spot Percy was standing and to Tartarus' shock, the 'demigod' was still standing. Then the power hit him, Percy's aura surged out like a rogue wave and slammed into Tartarus causing him to shake his head. Standing before him was no mere demigod, no standing before him was a guardian, and Tartarus just pissed him off.

A/N: MUWAHHAHAHAAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHHAAHA

~Major Nich