A Very Attached Redhead and the Labyrinth

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Percy Jackson, nor Heroes of Olympus, Rick Riordan does

Near the Start of the next school Year, Percy is now 15 turning 16 on August 18.

Location: Heading to Goode High school

Percy's POV:

The months following the council were, in words of the bored, boring. Apparently, the remaining skeleton warriors attacked Luke while I was in my cabin taking a well-deserved nap and Nico quickly disposed of them by sending them straight to the Underworld. I played Pinochle almost daily with Dionysus, Chiron, and Shane, I also played Mythomagic with Nico, Luke and Shane. Phoenix stopped by every now and then to hang out but other than that, the only interesting things that happened seemed to be on the opposite side of the country with Reyna and Hylla. The two sisters decided to split off to surveillance more ground in California, Hylla apparently joined the Amazons who, surprisingly ran the Online company Amazon, while Reyna stayed with the Legion and became Centurion of the First Cohort. Kyle also stopped by and gave me an update on what was happening around the country and I could say that I was worried, monsters have been seen in larger and larger packs as if preparing for an attack. I'm brought out of my internal musings when my mom started talking to me.

"I hope you have a good year this year Percy. I managed to convince Paul that your record of 'misbehaving' was all coincidental." My mom said as we pulled up to the high school

'Alright, so either we break the record today or we actually last longer than a day' Instinct said dryly and I laughed slightly as I reached into my pocket and felt Anaklusmos in its spot as well as a black card that appeared on my dresser this morning next to a note that said, 'Only use when absolutely necessary' and was signed by a guy named Shadow.

I pushed those thoughts to the side as we pulled up to the curb to see a large group of students outside the high school and I groaned internally.

"I'll try to be good mom. No promises though" I say to which she laughs as I open the door and step out

I was wearing my normal outfit, black boots, black pants, with a black shirt and jacket on top of it all, the jacket was really my wolf pelt in disguise. My daggers, cutlass, mace canister, were all cloaked as not to draw attention, Riptide was in pen form in my pocket, and my bow and quiver were in backpack form, I also wore a pair of sunglasses to hide my eyes from anyone who tried to recognize me.

As soon as I closed the door to the car, my mom drove away to pick me up later. I smiled at her retreating form before I wiped the smile off my face and walked into the large crowd of people.

'I hate large crowds' I thought and Instinct nodded his agreement

'They are just perfect hiding spots for monsters' He replied and I agreed 'Hey, isn't that the redhead chick from your quest with Zoe?' He pointed out and I saw a swath of Red Hair making its way toward me and I groaned internally when I recognized the face as Rachel Dare.

'Dam, it is' I thought and both Instinct and I burst out into cackles

"Excuse me sir, do you know where to go?" I heard Rachel and I turned toward her and smirked internally

"No, I don't. Sorry Rachel" I respond which causes her to stumble back in shock that I knew her name

"How do you know my name?" She asked as she regained her composure and narrowed her eyes at me as I smirked physically

"I know many things, some of them you don't want to see or know" I say as I check my watch shield that Tyson repaired when he visited a few months ago "Would you look at the time, Gotta Go" I finish putting extra emphases on 'Gotta Go' which causes Rachel to go wide eyed