Chapter 7

Tessa- Nice meeting you Erika

Erika- You guys to

They wave and walk away.

Jake- So Dallas is this play date happening today

Dallas nods excited and jumps up and down.

Dallas- Yessssss come on lets go slow pokes

I laugh as Dallas and Buddy start running to the car and I look at Erika. 

Jake- So you want to just follow me

Erika- Actually I kind of walked here so

Jake- So guess your coming with me then, dont worry I wont kidnap you 

Erika laughs as we starts walking to the car. We soon get to the car and Erika looks at it shocked.

Erika- Wow nice car I love it 

I nod and smile looking at the Tesla as I unlock it and open the door for Dallas and she gets in and I buckle her up and then Buddy hops in and lays on the floor and I look over at Erika who is having problems.

Jake- L.A. Girl cant figure out how to open a Tesla door 

Erika laughs and looks at me confused. 

Erika- Apparently not 

I laugh and walk over to her opening the door for her as she looks at me shocked.

Erika- I totally did that 

Jake- Sure you did 

I laugh as she gets in and I walk to my side getting in and starting the car and driving away back to the house.  I start driving away and heading back to the house and see Dallas and Buddy messing around in the back seat. I glance at Erika who is smiling at them. 

Jake- So sorry if Dallas asks you a lot of questions and things

Erika- Jake dont worry its fine, Its really cute 

I nod and look at her. 

Jake- You are going to regret that 

Erika laughs and I smile and then continue to drive home. I soon pull into the driveway and I see Erika look at it smiling. Its a pretty decent sized house and actually is on the street of the old team 10 house we ended up not selling the mansion but we dont use it anymore and I dont pay for it but we still have a ton of stuff there. Dallas gets out and Buddy and they run to the porch. I get out and so does Erika and we walk to the front door and I open the door as Dallas and Buddy run upstairs to Dallas's room as I close my door. 

Jake- Dall where do you want to watch the movie! 

Dallas- IN YOUR ROOM 

Jake- Okay! 

I look at Erika who is looking around. The house is actually pretty clean saying I live by myself with a three year old and part time dog. 

Jake- Want to help me with the popcorn 

Erika looks at me - Sure 

I nod and guide her to the kitchen where I pull out the popcorn from the cabinet and am about to put it in the microwave when.

Erika- You might want to open the bag a little 

I look at Erika and laugh realizing I probably would of set the whole house on fire. I then open the popcorn bag a little and then put it in a start to microwave.

Jake- Thanks you just saved me from a nasty fire 

Erika laughs and nods-Anytime 

I then see her eyes travel around the kitchen which I have a ton of picture on the fridge and the cabinets of Dallas and Alissa and the old team. I smile looking at them all as Erika is looking at them. 

Erika- Dang lots of pictures

I nod as I look around. 

Jake- Yea well I dont decorate well so pictures are everywhere 

She nods and her eyes land on the one in the dining room which is right across from the kitchen its a hugs portrait of Alissa and I kissing on the Eiffel Tower and then next to it in the same frame is a picture of our first picture together ever taken. My mom took it back when we were 5. I smile at it thinking back to that trip to Paris and how amazing it was. It was a little more than 3 years ago because Dallas was not here yet and its not visible that Alissa is pregnant at the time. 

Erika- So im guessing thats Dallas's mom 

I nod looking at the picture sighing as Erika looks at me wanting to say something and im pretty sure I know what she is going to ask.

Jake- Ill save you from having to ask Alissa is her name Alissa Violet she died 2 years ago in a horrible car crash, the doctors said she died on impact 

Erika looks at me sad and I feel tears coming down my face and soon enough I feel a warm hand on my cheek and as she wipes away my tears. 

Erika- Im so sorry, I know people dont like hearing that but I am, I have no idea how that must feel but im guessing its awful 

I nod as I start to tear up more not having any other way to express myself. I then feel myself grab Erika and I bring her into a hug at first she resits then relaxes in my arms. I soon pull away from her realizing what I did.

Jake- Im sorry- 

Erika- Dont worry its fine you needed it 

She gives me a smile that just makes you feel better and I smile back wiping my tears. 

Jake- Sorry im a big baby when it comes to her 

She nods looking at me.

Erika- Its not your fault its what happens you obviously loved her deeply 

Jake- You have no idea 

Erika smiles- You looked really cute in that picture of when you were young

I laugh and look at it and smirk.

Jake- What do I not look cute now 

She looks at me and laughs.

Erika- Whatttt time to go 

I laugh as I hear the microwave ding and laugh as I grab a bowl and take the popcorn out putting it in the bowl.

Jake- Well lets go find those rats shall we 

Erika laughs as she follows me upstairs to my room and when we walk in I hear my voice.