~~~~20 minutes of climbing tree to tree~~~~

I looked back and didn't see the house in sight. Plus i was tired. I sat on the current branch i was on and leaned against the trunk of the tree.

"Hey stranger."

i jumped at the sudden sound of a voice that it almost made me fall. I looked across to the next tree to see a boy. Looked to be 19 or so. Honey brown eyes and black hair but was dyed blond in the front part. But i couldn't trust him.

"Hey." Curse my politeness to cute boys.

"What brings you...." He looked around the trees. "To this part of the woods?"

"If i told you it wouldn't be a secret." I smiled.

He nodded. "You smell like Christian. Why?"

"Oh gosh your one of those freaks." I face palmed.

"Well, aren't you nice." He said.

"Sorry. I'm kind of new to this whole freak show thing."

"Its cool. But...Why do you smell like him?"

"How do you know him?" I questioned.

"I'm sort of like his brother but we aren't. My dad married his real mom so here i am."

"Aren't you suppose to be there with them now?"

"I don't give a crap about them. Hell. They probably don't know I'm gone." He said looking the way at the house is.

"Man. Your family has lots of weird marriage and child probs."  I Iooked at him. "Sorry. I didn't mean it like that."

"Dont sweat it. What brings you out this way?" He questioned me back.

"Chris is my mate thingy. But I'm not about that life and don't know what it means so therefore i don't care. I kind ot, sort of, maybe just broke out his house and escaped with his clothes so they wont smell me out." I said scratching his head.

He started laughing and he had the kind of laugh that made you want to start laughing to so i did. He stopped and smiled. "Your a clever one. And a smart one. I don't think anyone would have thought of that."

I nodded. "yup."

He stood up on his tree branch and jumped all the way to me like it was nothing. " Im Ryder."

"How did you?"

"Its a wolf thing. Makes you move swiftly."

I stood up and held the tree. "Samantha, but you can call me Sam."

He took my hand and shook it. Man, why did the brother of not so brother have to be hot. "So Sam. I say you have about a hour to get to where ever your going before they come look for you."

"How you know?"

"We have this thing where we can speak to each other through a link. Mind linking is what we call it."

"More like invading privacy." I rolled my eyes.

"Since I'm bored and have nothing else better to do. Might as well piss off my step brother and help is mate get away." He smiled.

"You little rebel. I like you."

He grabbed my waist. "Most people do."

"What are you doing?" I tried to push him away.

"You trust me?" He asked.

"Not in the slightest."

"Good." He said and jumped down out the tree. I closed my eyes and clung to him like he was the last person who i was gonna see before i died.