Chapter 11: The invite

A/N

PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSE DONT BE MAD. IM SORRY. IVE JUST BEEN BUSY DOING NOTHING WITH MY LIFE. LOL

But hey I'm back. Yeah ik im a bad person. Haven't updated in...2 months I believe.

Oh gosh. That sounds bad. 2 months. But here you go.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Sam's P.O.V

I sat on the couch and flipped through the channels. "I'm so bored in this house."

Emma sat next to me. "Wanna know a secret?"

I looked at her. "What is the wonderful secret?"

She went in her pocket and pulled out my phone. I grabbed it and jumped in her lap. "I love you."

She hugged me and laughed. "Just don't tell Chris."

I rolled my eyes. "Like I was gonna tell him. Speaking of that weirdo, where is he."

"In his office. He had paperwork to do. He's been slacking." She said.

I typed into password and I had 50 miss calls from my parents. 20 text from Brad and 5 from random numbers.

I looked at Emma. "Their gonna kill me."

I recalled their number and my mom picked up straight away.

"Samantha why in the hell haven't you answered your phone."

"Mom. I'm sorry. I dropped my phone in the pool and it wouldn't turn on so I ordered a new one." I lied.

"Ok, and how does that apply to the house phone. Lilly said you haven't been home in days Sam. Where are you?"

"I'm with my friend Emma." I looks at her. "We are staying at her parents lake house."

"Oh honey you could of just called from their phone."

"Mom, I'm in the middle of the woods at a lake house. I have to go up the mountain to get signal. I'm lazy so....that wasn't happening."

"Can I speak to Emma?" I looked at her.

She looked at me and took the phone. "Hey, yeah sorry about basically kidnapping your daughter. She needed to get away from the house."

I rolled my eyes at her little joke. I looked up to see Chris standing there. I looked at Emma and she looked up.

"Yeah, ok, sure thing. Heres Sam." she handed me the phone.

"Hey mom, can I call you later. We are about to go jump in the lake and I don't want to get my new phone wet."

"Okay sweetie, I will talk to you later. Be safe and your father said hi."

I smiled. "ok mom. Tell dad I love him and miss him. You too."

"Bye Sammy."

"Bye mom."

I hung up and didn't even glance at Chris. I needed to call Brad. I called his number and he answered.

"Sam where in the hell are you?"

I smiled. "Well hi to you too Brad."

Chris jumped for the phone but Emma jumped in his way.

"Sam, where are you?"

"I'm at my friend Emma's house. Her lake house to be exact."

"And you didn't answer your phone why?"

"Brad, you know I'm clumsy. I dropped my phone in the pool. Had to order a new one."

"Sam. I miss you."