Chapter Thirty Nine

It's been almost four weeks since I was kidnapped and Jensen found out he had a son. The two have been spending time together as often as they could. They seem to be getting on great. They are so alike in so many ways it's crazy, he is in fact coming around for dinner tonight actually the entire family is as a way of introducing him to them. No he hasn't told his family yet. He wanted some time to get to know this kid himself before he made that move. Also we leave for Canada in the morning. Jared and Jensen are heading back up to shoot and  my visa runs out the day after so I won't be allowed back until I get my green card which I am hoping will come by the time the guys head back to the states after the shoot. 

Since Gen is so close to birth like literally days Jared is so reluctant to leave her so she is coming with. Of course she won't be allowed to fly so they are taking the tedious car ride a day early while Jensen and I are flying first thing in the morning. 

I am both excited and nervous about tonight. I'm not sure how the others will react to Jensen's big news. I think Jensen is also nervous.

"Babe calm down everything will be fine." I said as I stood in front of him so he would stop pacing a hole in the kitchen floor. 

"I'm sorry. It's just going to be a lot for them to take in. Maybe this dinner wasn't such a good idea. Maybe I should have told them first so they had time to get their heads around the news before they met him?" 

"I think the dinner is fine. I'm sure everyone will be shocked yes, but I am sure they will be excited to have a new family member." I tried reassuring him. 

"I'm sure you're right. I'm worry-" The doorbell interrupted him. Jensen's eyes went wide. This was it. Jensen took a deep breath and went to get the door while I tended to the food. 

A few moments later Jensen walked back into the kitchen with Joey following close behind.

"Hey Joey, how are you?" I asked with a smile as I stirred the stew.

"Demi. Good thanks. You?"

"Great. You excited for tonight?"

"A little bit, but mostly nervous." He admitted.

"Aw like father like son, this one here has been wearing a hole in the laminate. You'll be fine though. This is a wonderful family." I smiled.

Joey nodded just as the doorbell rung again. Jensen answered it. A few moments later Levi came running through.

"Auntie Demi." He greeted me with a hug. I scooped him up and he smiled.

"Hey little man, how are you doing?"

He noticed Joey and suddenly went all shy. I took the pot of the heat and headed out to join the others turning to Joey. 

"Come on meet the family." I smiled He nervously followed me out. I met everyone in the lounge. Ally smiled when she saw Levi was with me.

"Couldn't wait to see Auntie Demi." She said. "Come on lets get your coat off." Ally said taking him from me. while I greeted everyone. 

"Who's your friend Jensen?" His mom asked. Jensen looked to Joey, looked to me then back to his mom. 

"Okay well I need to tell you all something so why don't we all take a seat." Jensen replied I let Joey sit next to Jensen and I perched on the arm of the chair seeing as there was no seats left.  I placed my hand on Jensen's back as a way to reassure him.  

"What's up, you're worrying me?" His dad asked. 

"Not it's nothing back, total opposite actually." Jensen reassured him. 

"What is it then?" Josh asked as Levi climbed on his knee.

"Well do you remember back in high school I dated Kaitlyn?" Everyone nodded. "Well do you remember she kind of just disappeared?"

"Yeah we all found it very strange."

"Well it turns out the reason she just disappeared was well when we were together she uh well she got pregnant." 

"She what?" Donna gasped. 

"Her mother found out pulled her out of school embarrassed by her pregnant teen daughter. Anyway we recently got back in contact and this is when she told me all this and Joey here. Joey is my son." 

"Son..... You have a son?" Donna gasped looking to Joey.

"I do. Joey and I have been getting to know one an other other the last few weeks and-"

"You've known for weeks?"

"A few weeks yeah. I wanted both of us to have some time to get our heads around things before we told anyone. I hope you understand that."

"We do son, it's just such a huge shock."

"It was for both of us too, but Joey really wanted to meet his family which is why I called us all here for this meal tonight." Jensen looked to Joey. "He wanted to know his grandparents and uncle and auntie. He wanted to know his little cousin."

IT was silent for a long moment before Donna broke it. She looked to Joey. "We're sorry we don't seem excited, we are but shocked mostly."

"I understand. I know this is a crazy situation, but I do hope that once the shock has passed I could get a chance to get to know you all. I know how much it is to take in. I mean a month ago It was only my mom and I no one else and now I find out I've had this whole family out there all along."

"Oh gosh you poor boy, that can't have been easy." Donna sympathised. 

"I was furious with my mom and I guess a small part of me always will be annoyed at her, but I do also understand why she done what she done and she done wonderful all on her own and for that I will always be truly grateful. I do hate the fact I missed out on a family growing up and I know I can't ever get those years back, but now I know about you all I would like to get to know you."

"Aw such a sweet boy and handsome. Look at that face." Mac gushed over her new nephew. "Gotta say he looks more like Josh than Jensen though." Everyone looked and Joey flushed red slightly. 

"He does right?" Donna said.

"Well we are brothers so can you really tell?" Josh laughed nervously. 

"How about o

I grab us all a drink, serve up the food and we can give Joey a proper welcome to the family over a toast" I suggested. 

"Great Idea." Ally nodded and came to help me in the kitchen.

By the time dinner was over Joey had become less shy and opened up a bit more and he fitted right in with everyone else. It was like he had been part of the family all along. When it was time to leave Josh offered Joey a ride home.

"Don't worry about it, I'll get him home." Jensen said.

"You have enough to do with packing and getting some rest before your flight in a few hours. It's not that far out of our way so let us." Josh insisted.

"Alright. You okay with that?" Jensen asked Joey.

"Sure, no problem."

"Great well I'll call you when I can and I will let you know when I am home and we can catch up yeah?"

"Cool sounds good. Thanks for tonight it was great." He hugged Jensen then me.

"No problem. You're part of the family now." Jensen grinned. 

"Well see you when you get back." Joey waved before taking his leave with everyone else. 

Jensen and I tidied up before heading up to get a few hours sleep.