Chapter Thirty Five

Jensen pulled up into the parking lot and killed the engine.

"Maybe I should go in alone?" He suggested. 

"What no! I wanna hear what she has to say." 

"Alright." He nodded exiting the car. 

"I think we should approach her separately. I'll go to the check out and engage in conversation with her about her "New man. I'll mention I saw her tweets then you step in,. I want her to know she's been caught lying."

"Okay if that's what you wanna do." Jensen agreed I went in first and done a quick sweep of the shop and picked up a few things that I knew we needed anyway. Then headed to the check out. I saw her working checkout 4 so I headed there. I was next in line. 

"Have a nice day now." She smiled and waved the customer off. 

"Hey again." She smiled seeing me.

"Hey." I replied with the best fake smile I could muster. 

"How are you? I bumped into Jensen earlier." She informed me.

"Yeah he mentioned. Silly goose he is forgot these that I asked him to pick up." I said motioning toward the groceries I picked up.

"What's he like huh, Jason is the same."

"Jason? Oh the new/old flame." She nodded. "Things going well with you?"

"Oh yes we couldn't be happier." She nodded. 

"Hey Kaitlyn." Jensen came up behind me. "Hey babe got those chips you like." He kissed my cheek before adding them to the pile. "Oh Kaitlyn, saw that pic you tweeted."

"Aw sorry hope you don't mind, It was just such a blast from the past."

"Oh no I don;t mean the one from this morning, I mean the one from yesterday, the one you edited out my sister and put yourself in place. Yeah that one." Kaitlyn's eyes went wide. She knew she was busted." She looked between Jensen and myself. "Don't even bother trying to think of an excuse. All I have to say is stay away from me, stay away from my family." Jensen said taking my hand. 

"Say hi to "Jason for me" I laughed as Jensen led me out the store. 

Later that night Jensen and I were sat on the couch and I kept looking at him.

"What?"

"I'm so sorry I thought the worst and especially sorry I ruined the surprise."

"Hey Let's just put all that behind us right? I can understand where you were coming from, I can't say I blame you. Let's just forget it." He replied pulling me into snuggle as we settled to watch the movie. 

I must have fallen asleep during the movie as when I woke up it was morning and I was lying in bed with Jensen's arm wrapped tightly around my waist. I carefully loosened his grip and freed myself. I took a shower slipped into some black skinny jeans and a AC/DC tee before heading down to make some coffee. While I was waiting for the machine I stepped outside and gathered the mail. I skimmed through it and there was one for me. I tore it open as I head back inside. It was a handwritten letter. The writing looked like it was done by a four year old. Not to mention it was done in red crayon. 

I ran up stairs and woke Jensen up

"Jensen you gotta see this." I said shaking him.

"What is it?" He said groggily as he slowly sat up. 

"I went to get the mail and there was a letter for me. I opened it and look." He took it from me. His sleepy eyes refused to focus as he brought the paper closer to his face, before blinking a few times. He looked to me once he read it. "It's got to be Kaitlyn right?" I asked. 

"Of course it is, who else would it be?"

"What are we going to do?" 

"I'm calling the police." Jensen said climbing out of bed throwing pants and a tee-shirt on before grabbing his phone.  "Hello I'd like to report a blackmail attempt." Jensen said as someone on the other side answered. "Yes, yesterday my girlfriend and I caught a high school ex of mine posting pics on twitter claiming we were back together. I confronted her yesterday telling to stay away from myself and my family. This morning my girlfriend received a note telling her to leave me if she knows what's good for her." He explained briefly. "Okay thank you." He said before giving his name and address then he signed off. He looked to me. "Someone is gonna come see us within the next hour." He told me.

"Why is she doing this?" I asked feeling rather upset as I feel tears stinging my eyes. 

"I don't know baby, I don't know." Just then his phone rang.  He answered it. "Hey Jar, no I er we have a situation here." He went on to explain the situation to Jared. "No, no don't worry about it dude and don't tell Gen she'll only worry and she's in no state to be worrying okay. Right I'' let you know how we get one take it easy bye." Jensen signed off. "Come on we better go get ready for the police coming." Jensen said as we head down stairs.