Chapter Twenty One

Gen and I went to every bar, restaurant and hotel in the area and handed in my resume. All I could do now was wait and if I had no luck locally I might just have to look further afield, but I'll see hwta happens with these local places first.

Gen was sore and tired so we stopped of for a bite to eat.

"I had to force him to go do his own thing today. I think he feels like he has to always be with me to look after me or whatever and as much as I think that is super sweet. I didn't come here to invade his life, but to get my own back on track. I don't want to be the reason he never does things he used to, does that make sense? I'm not meaning any of this in a negative way."

"I know what you mean. I'm sure with time things will settle and go back to normal, he just cares so much and worries about you and so he feels like he has to be there."

"I know, but always being together is not healthy for any friendship." I replied.

"Still only a friendship?" Gen asked taking a bite out of her grilled cheese sandwich.

"Sadly yes. I stupidly tried kissing him AGAIN this morning after I got upset about Ryan. He was sweet about it and told me it isn't because he doesn't want to because he does, it's just he wants our first kiss to have real meaning behind it."

"Well why don't you do things proper and ask him on a proper date and see how things go?" Gen suggested.

"I would love to, but I think given what we were just talking about. I think I should wait until things have settled and he gets back to some normallity in his life then maybe if it feels right I can ask him."

"That makes sense." She smiled.

After Lunch we headed back to Gens house where we caught a few rays by her pool and chatted a bit more about this and that still just getting to know one and other and she showed me the scan photo.

"Gen hun you out here, I knocked but no one answered." It was MacKenzie calling as she made her way round the side of the house. She stopped when she saw me. "Oh Demi hi." She said

"Hey MacKenzie." I replied with a polite smile.

"Hey um-" She shifted uncomfortably. "Since you're here I want to take this opportunity to apologies to you about how rude I was."

Placing my drink down I sit up and remove my sun glasses.

"Please don't apologies to me if it's only because you feel sorry for me about what happened back in LA. I don't need pitty."

"No! It's not about that, though I am sorry to hear you went through that. It was what you said at dinner last night and I could see the way Jensen spoke about you that we were wrong. I had no right to judge you the way I did."

"Listen don't worry about it. I think I'd feel the same if the roles were reversed. You were simply doing what any family would do. I get that. I do hope that we could maybe take the chance to get to know each other and you could see for yourself I'm not the person you think, or thought I am."

"I'd really like that." She replied.

"Well then what you waiting for go in there you're bikini is still there from before and come join us." Gen said. MacKenzie smiled and hurried inside to change. Gen flashed a smile at me but said nothing.

"Where is my brother anyway?" MacKenzie asked coming back out.

"Had to practically force him to go do his own thing today but I think he's hanging with your brother Josh." I replied.