Chapter Six

I woke at 5am and headed down stairs for a glass of water. When I entered the kitchen I saw Jared sitting with a glass of milk.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked he turned clearly startled.

"Sheesh Demi you gave me a fright."

"Sorry didn't mean to." I smiled hopping up on the stool next to him. "I hope I haven't caused you trouble with your wife." I said avoiding eye contact with him.

"You hear huh?"

"Yeah, kinda."

"Gen isn't like that, I think just the situation has her freaked, but she will soon come to see what Jensen and I see in you."

"Yeah sure." No she wouldn't as the second they leave I am moving on, but I couldn't tell them as they would only try to stop me. "How when I can't even see what you guys see in me? I'm a wreck and have done nothing but cause Chaos in your life. I know, I know it's not my fault, but it is, because its my presence that is causing it all. So no I didn't actually do anything, but it is none the less my fault." Jared pulled me into a hug.

"What we see is exactly what you are. A wonderful person. A kind, caring person."

"So not just a loser who you felt sorry for?"

"No not at all. I admit when Jensen told me my first response was to feel sorry for you." He said pulling away from the hug. "But as I got to know you I stopped feeling sorry for you and just wound up plain liking you. You are a great person and I'm ever so glad Jensen bumped into you." He smiled.

"You are sweet. Gen is a lucky girl and I really hope I haven't caused you trouble with her."

"Of course not, don't even worry about it." Another cute smile. "Now can I make you a cup of warm milk or anything to help you get sleep?"

"No it's okay, I feel better talking to you and sleepy once again. How about you?" I asked.

"I'll finish this then I'll try again." He raised his glass.

A smile and a kiss on the cheek and I left Jared to it.

I was on my way back up to my room when Gen stopped me getting right up in my face until the point I was backed right up against the wall. She kept her voice to a whisper but her tone was threatening none the less.

"I see you down there. I know you're after my man." She said with a finger in my face. "Leave him the hell alone or-"

"Or what Gen?" We both looked to see Jared standing watching. "Really? Bullying Gen?"

"I- I..." She closed her mouth. "She's has a crush on you, can't you see that?"

"Dems, I mean no offense here, but Gen so what if she does, that doesn't matter because I'm with you. Dems and I are friends, just friends and she knows that right?

"Right of course."

"See how she doesn't deny the crush." Gen said with a smirk

"Gen enough."

"I'm sorry." I said looking to Jared who knew exactly why I was apologizing and ran to my room.

"You love it don't you? Getting off on knowing you have someone who fancies you?"

"Gen don't be ridiculous. I Wasn't aware she was crushing on me, but you can't blame her."

"Oh yeah because Jared Padalecki is so freaking irresistible right?"