Chapter Twenty Four

Well it's time to face the family once again. Sunday came all to soon and I am not sure I feel ready to face everyone again. I know Josh and I got on and MacKenzie and I sorted things out but I was dreading facing Jensen's mom again. It's not like I needed or even wanted her approval, but Jensen's family mean the world to him and if she doesn't like me it makes things awkward and it would just be much easier if she liked me even if it's just a little. 

"You ready?" Jensen asked coming up behind me snaking his arms around my waist as I fixed my hair in the hall mirror. 

"I'm nervous." I admitted. 

You'll be fine. Now my mother is willing to actually get to know you, I know she will love you everyone else does."

"I hope so."

"And you'll get to meet Ali and Levi."

"Right. I'm ready. Let's do this." I smiled and turned to face him. I smiled and placed a kiss on his lips before stepping out the door. 

Jensen pulled up into his parents driveway and killed the engine. Jensen took my hand and smiled. "Ready?"

"Ready." I replied with a sharp nod even though inside my stomach was in fact doing flips. I slipped out the car just as the front door opened and there stood Jensen's mom and dad. I flashed them a smile as Jensen and I approached the door. Jensen hugged his mom and dad before turning to me.

"Demi. It's so nice to see you again." His mother said. 

"You too." I smiled politely as she led me inside. 

"I have to say Demi." She started as we enter the lounge but stopped and looked to me. "I must apologize for the way I acted upon our first meeting. Jensen and I spoke after you left and you're speak made me realize I may have been quick to judge so I'd like tonight to be a fresh start and get to know you."

"It's fine. You're a mom, you follow your parental instincts. I get it, but a fresh start wounds nice." I agreed. 

"Thank you for understanding. Right well I've heard from both my sons that you are a whiz in the kitchen?"

"I have some skills." I smiled. 

"Would you mind helping me? Those guys are useless?"

"Of course, I'd love to." I grinned as she led me through to her kitchen.

I helped her with dinner until Josh, Ali and Levi arrived. 

"Hey mom." Josh said hugging her which is when he noticed me. 

"Demi hey. How are you?" He asked. also hugging me. 

"Good thanks, you?"

"Great. Ali babe this is Demi. Demi this is my wife Ali and this here is my little angel Levi."

"Hey cutie pie." I said waving to Levi. "Hey Ali nice to meet you." I smiled.

"You too, By the way that stew you sent home with Josh was amazing."

"Aww thank you I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I love it when people enjoy my food. I live for it."

"We'll have to come for dinner again so i can taste it fresh, i bet it be even more amazing."

"Of course. I'd love that." I smiled as Levi reached for my necklace. 

"No baby, not for you." Ali said pulling him back.