Chapter Nine

Later on that evening during dinner the topic of finding me work came up when Misha asked Jensen if he had found anything yet.

"Not yet, why do you know of anything?"

"No sorry was just asking." Misha replied. Jensen gave a small nod and went back to his food.

"I actually had a thought on that." Gen piped up.

"You did?" Jared asked.

"Mmm Hmm." She nodded. "So it seems obvious to me Demi feels awkward being here?" She looked at me for confirmation.

"I do." I agreed.

"Well how about Demi and I fly back to Vancouver tomorrow while you boys finish up here. It'll give us some time to get to know each other better, Jensen won't have to worry about her and Demi won't feel..."

"Like a useless tag along." I finished her sentence.

"Your not-" Jensen started.

"I know but it's how I feel. I don't belong here. I don't feel right." I said to him and he nodded. "If you are sure you are okay with this Gen I'd love to take you up on that offer.

"Of course, it's no problem." Gen smiled. That was that settled.

Morning came around and Gen and I checked out. The guys drove us to the airport.

"Well.. I'll see you in a few days." Jensen said looking down at me.

"See you in a few days. I leaned up and kissed his cheek. I looked to Jared then to Gen. She smiled.

"I'm over it go ahead." She told me. I gave Jared a hug.

"Look after her." He whispered to me.

"I heard that." Gen laughed.

"We'll look after each other." I informed him. He nodded and we hurried off before we were late.

On the plane I turned to Gen.

"Thanks for this I really appreciate it."

"No problem. I think this will be good for us, you know to gt to know one and other."

"Me too." I agreed.

Gen smiled and shut her eyes. "I'm exhausted. I'm going to get some shut eye."

"Good plan." I said settling down and doing the same thing.

When we touched down in Vancouver it had just past 12 noon.

"I'm starving." Gen said as we stood waiting on our luggage.

"You read my mind."

"Come on lets get some lunch. I know a nice cafe near by."

"Oh I uh don't have money."

"Don't worry it's on me," She smiled grabbing her bag as it past. I grabbed mine and followed her to the cab stance outside and we got a cab to said cafe where we had a nice lunch and some chit chat before heading back to the house.

Stepping inside I headed up to my room and threw mu luggage on the bed before freshening up. When I headed back down stairs Gen was in the kitchen making coffee.

"Want one?" She asked.

"Please." I replied taking a seat on the stool.

"I don't know about you but I feel like a lazy afternoon?"

"What did you have in mind?"

"sitting in front of the TV with some munch and chilling."

"Sounds good, what movie shall we watch?"

"I have the box set of the Gilmore girls. Have you ever seen it?" I shook my head. "It is the show that got Jared-" She looked at me with a wary smile. "maybe we should watch something else."

"Why? You worried watching it might make my crush worse?" She gave a slight shrug. "Listen after seeing you two together I'm over it. Honest it's fine."

"Really just like that?"

"Strangely yes. Which only proves it was a stupid crush. He was kind and we had a laugh and he is good looking so I suppose it's natural I developed feelings. But honestly it's fine."

"Jensen has been all those things and is drop dead gorgous also, not to mention," She handed me my coffee. "He is totally into you."

"I know but with- wait what?"

"Come on." Gen laughed. "You can't tell me you don't see that he is into you?"

"Well no, he's just being super nice."

"Babe trust me I know that guy he's into you."

"Oh-" I followed her to the couch where she put on the first disc of Gilmore girls. "I don't know if I can see Jensen like that. He has done so much for me and I appreciate it all but I just don't think of him romantically. Do you think he thinks I should since like rescued me?"

"No Jensen done everything he done because he wanted to with no strings attached. I honestly don't think that even he knows hes into you."

"What should I do?"

"Well if you don't feel the same way there is nothing you can do, just be sure to always make sure he knows where you stand so you don't accidentally lead him on you know?"

I nodded. "Yes I'll make sure I let him know."

"Ready?" She asked referring to the DVD. I nodded and she hit play.

Four hours into the Gilmore girls we both started to feel peckish again and since we were being lazy we ordered out.

"Lets take a ten minute break I need to stretch my legs." Gen said getting up "Another coffee?" She asked.

"Good idea. I need a bathroom break and yes coffee sounds good thanks." I got to my feet and headed to the bathroom. When I came back I heard Gen talking and paused a moment when I heard my name.

"You were right, Demi is a sweet girl though she seems very lost and a little broken.... yeah we have chatted a bit and were totally cool now don't worry babe. Love you too bye." Fragile and broken. Is that how they all see me? A broken fragile girl they need to fix? I shook my head I wasn't some kind of project for them to do. Fix the broken girl. I reentered the room.

"Ready to watch on?" Gen asked.

"Sure." I gave a weak smile and took my seat.

When it hit 10pm I decided to call it a night. I was going to take a soak in the bath then get some shut eye. I thanked Gen once again for everything and said my good nights. Running my bath I heard a high pitched ringing sound coming from my room. What the hell was that? I went in search. It was coming from my bag. I opened my bag and found a phone inside. IT was flashing Jensen's face. Picking it up I slide to answer like the screen told me to. I held it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Demi..... ugh look at the screen." Jensen Said I did and there he was. "Yeah hi, it's a video call."

"Oh hi." I said moving the phone so I was in the frame better. "Wait a sec I have a bath running." I put the phone down and hurried to turn the taps off. I quickly headed back and grabbed the phone. "Sorry about that. So why is this phone hidden in my bag?"

"I knew you wouldn't accept it if I gave it to you. I just thought it be nice if we could keep in touch while we were away so I could be sure you were alright."

"Oh I see...." Jensen must have sensed something was up.

"What's wrong?"

"Am I a project to you?" I asked before my brain could kick in.

"What? Demi no you're not a project. Why do you ask that?"

"Never mind." I shook it off.

"Please tell me."

"No it's nothing. Look I have to go before my bath gets cold."

"Okay look I'll be back in a few days and we will talk okay?" I nodded. "I'll speak later. Bye."

"Bye." I signed off and headed into my bath.

hCxod