Chapter Nineteen

When we finally arrived in Austin, Jared and Gen were there to meet us.

"Hey guys." Gen said pulling us both into a hug.

"Jensen can I uh talk a moment." Jared said pulling Jensen away.

"So how was your flight?" Gen asked.

"It was fine, but never mind that. How are you and how did the scan go? And uh what's that all about?"

"Whoa are we playing 20 questions?"

"Sorry." I replied shyly.

"I'm good, baby is good, I'll show you scan picture later and that uh..." She said pointing as Jensen approached me.

"Hey listen it seems my uh-"

"Hey big brother." A female voice called from behind Jensen His face screwed up for a split second before he turned to greet the woman.

"MacKenzie hey." He wrapped his little sister up in a hug. It was then she noticed me standing there. Her face looked shocked then angry.

"You brought her here?" She asked pulling away from the hug. "What is she doing here?"

"She has a name, it's Demi and Demi is here because..." Jensen paused and looked back at me. I shook my head, I didn't want him to tell her the real reason why. "She just needed a fresh start. Doesn't everyone deserve a fresh start, a second chance." She stayed silent. "You know." Jensen stepped back joining me. "If you stopped being so judgemental for 5 minutes I really think you two could get along." His sister scoffed at that before turning her attentions to Jared and Gen.

"Did you know about this?" She asked them.

"Well yeah." Gen replied. "Kenz, Demi is a great girl and sure we got off to a bad start but that was just.. it was stupid, but now I have gotten to know Demi a bit and she's nothing like the things you're thinking. She's a genuine good person." Gen came to my defense. "I hope to get to know her better now we live in the same state." Gen smiled at me,

"Look no offense I am sure she-" She looked to me. "You, I'm sure you're a great person, but this doesn't feel right and mom and dad will freak when they find out." She said diverting her attention back to Jensen when she said the last part. "Speaking of, I text them to tell them your coming back and they want you over for dinner and I suggest you come alone." She said. "But for now I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow alone right?"

"We'll be there." Jensen smiled.

"Alone."

"I'll talk to mom and dad. If Demi doesn't go I don't go."

"Whatever I'll see you later." She said taking her leave.

"Jensen You can't expect me to go tomorrow to a house full of people who clearly don't want me to be there do you?"

"I know it sounds awful my thoughts were if they meet you and get to know you they will see in you what I see."

"What we see." Jared added and Gen nodded.

"Please I promise if things get to uncomfortable I will take you out of there stat."

I looked to him unsure but I could see it meant something to him so I nodded.

"I will go." I said.

"Great. For now lets get you back to mine."

Jared and Gen drove us back to Jensen's house and we said our goodbyes. The house was huge and so beautiful. (SEE PIC)