Chapter Twenty Two

It's been 4 days since I handed out my resume around town and I was yet to hear anything from anyone and I'll admit it was getting me down.

I picked my phone up for the millionth time this morning and Jensen quickly grabbed it from me.

"Stop worrying. It's only been a few days. Give them time and they will call. I bet you'll have them fighting over you."

"Right sorry. I just want this really bad." I said with a weak smile. Jensen kissed my head.

"I know you do and it shall be yours. Just put it out your mind and go do something fun and before you know it you'll be getting calls." HE said handing my phone back just ask it rang. I looked to Jensen wide eyed. "Answer it." He laughed. I quickly took it hitting the answer button.

"Hello?" I answer. "This is she." "Really that's great I-" "Oh er, no I don't I wasn't aware I needed one." My heart sank. Jensen's smile dropped when he seen my reaction. " Oh well thanks anyway. Bye." I signed off.

"What happened?" Jensen asked eager to know.

I felt the tears stinging my eyes and the lump growing in my throat. I swallowed before I even tried to speak.

"Uh that was the Hartford Hotel down on Main. The manager was really impressed with my resume and they were real interested in hiring me, but during all this we forgot one major detail."

"What's that?"

"I'm Canadian, I need a work Visa to work here." I replied.

"Oh shit, how could I have forgotten about that?" Jensen ran his hands through his hair before walking over to me wrapping me in a hug. "Don't worry, first thing Monday we will go get the ball rolling and you will be working in no time I promise." He said before kissing my forehead.

"Yeah....Okay." I nodded as Jensen pulls away from the hug.

"Don't get discouraged okay. This is a minor set back but we will still get you there, it might just take a little longer is all."

"Right I'm fine honest. I shall g do some research on work visas and such so I can be prepared for Monday."

"Good idea. I am going to pop in the shower and if you want I can postpone my golf game with Josh and help you?"

"No, no don't be silly it only takes one of us to research. You go have fun with your brother. Hey maybe you could invite him and his family to dinner tonight so I could finally meet him."

"Sure I'll ask."

"Great well if you could let me know as soon as possible so I can prepare that be great."

"I will do." Jensen leaned down and kissed me before heading for his shower.

When Jensen came down from his shower he found me crying in the lounge.

"Hey what's wrong?"

I shook my head. "I don't think this is going to work."

"What isn't?"

"This, me being here. My fresh start. Jensen as a Canadian I can only live in the states for 6 months during a 12 month period. A work visa takes longer than that to process unless I am sponsored by an employee but an employee will not give me the time of day without a visa.... talk about a catch 22 huh?"

"Listen." He took a seat next to me and took my hand in his. "We will apply for a visa as planned and if it hasn't come through by the end of the 6 months it's okay you can go back home and stay with us as we will be back filming by then anyway. I promise it will all work out."

"It's not just that Jensen I can't stay here for 6 months and not pay my way."

Jensen sighed. "Look I know how you feel about me supporting you and I know it's important to you to to pay your own way but I really don't mind, but if you would rather go home I can't stop you."

"I don't want to, I want to be here, I want my fresh start and I want to be with you." I told him.

"Then please let me support you while we sort this out."

I shook my head. "I don't want to, but I think I have to. I will find a way to pay you back." I said.

"Don't even say that, you being here is all I need." He smiled. "Now I really am going to-"

"Nope don't say it, you are going to play golf with your brother, now go and remember to let me know if he is coming for dinner ASAP."

"Okay, okay I'll go but call if you need anything okay?"

"I will now shoo." I chased him out the door.

I was sitting watching crap daytime TV when my phone rang. It was Jensen I answered.

"Hello, you having a good game?"

"Just getting started now we had a coffee before we started. Josh said he Ali and Levi would love to come to dinner."

"Great I can't wait." I smiled. "Any idea what I can cook that they would enjoy?"

"Anything meat. Beef preferably."

"Okay I shall go have a think then take a trip to the store."

"Well we will swing by Josh's house after the game pick the others up and we should be back for about 7."

"That's perfect. Go have fun and say hi to Josh for me."

"Will do bye." We signed off.

"Beef hmm..." I had a think. If he was anything like Jensen he would be simple down to earth and so I felt like a simple home cooked meal was best, nothing to fancy. I decided a simple hearty beef stew was the best way to go. Going into the kitchen I checked to see which ingredients we already had and what we needed. Safe to say Jensen is not into cooking he had no kinds of cooking stuff so I headed out to the store and bought everything I needed.

By the time I got back it was 4pm so I set about prepping everything before putting it in the crock pot turning to high for the first hour then I would turn it to medium until it was time to serve.

After I had cleaned the kitchen I went through the house making sure everything was tidy before heading up for a shower.

Out of the shower I set about getting ready. I first blew dry my hair leaving it down with it's natural waves. Next my make up I kept simple a light dash of eye liner a natural shade of eye shadow and a small lick of mascara and that was it. I dressed in some jeans and a black tank top. Presentable but not over the top, this was a casual dinner after all.

Ready I head down into the kitchen and stir the stew it was smelling amazing. Glancing at the clock I saw it was almost seven. I don't know why but I was nervous about meeting his brother, I just hope he didn't have a bad opinion of me like the others did.