Chapter Fifteen

"Miss Carter I'm Detective Inspector Oliver and this is my colleague Detective Inspector Collins." The tall man said as he and his colleague walked into the interview room. "Because of the sensitive nature of the situation we would like to give you the choice to talk with females if you do not feel comfortable talking with us, but I do have to let you know if you do so choose to talk with a female instead you will be waiting a short while as none of our female DI's are in the building at this moment in time."

"Can my friend come in with me?" I asked.

"Unfortunately he is currently giving his statement."

"Oh okay..... I don't mind talking to you." I said in barely a whisper.

"Okay, if at any point you wish to stop take a breather just let me know, we understand this is difficult and we hate having to ask these questions but we must."

"I understand." I said fidgeting in my seat uncomfortably.

The Inspector pressed play on the tape recorder and gave his, his colleague's name, the time and date."Okay Miss Carter-"

"Demi, please."

"Demi can you please tell from the beginning exactly what happened?"

"Well it started this afternoon when Jensen and I were on the beach...." I went on to explain every detail of the day right up until Jensen rescued me.

"Thank you Demi now come the horrible questions but we need to be sure exactly what went on."

"I know."

"So Mr. Elliot bound and gagged you, he inappropriately touched you without your consent, but he did not get as far as-" He cleared his throat. "HE did not get as far as to penetrate you?"

"No, but he was going to until I kicked him away and Jensen came in and rescued me."

"You did not lead him on in anyway?"

"No! I done no such thing. I made it abundantly clear when he got me to his room I wanted to leave. He told me we were having fun, I told him I wasn't having fun and to let me out. He knew what he was doing. I think he planned it, I don't think he had anything to show me."

"Right so he trapped you in his room luring you there with the fact of having something to show you."

"Yes, please I have told you all this."

"I know, I'm sorry but we need to be sure we have all the facts correct." He told me. "Now you say you made it clear you didn't want anything to happen."

"Yes, and when he pinned me to the door and started kissing me I pushed him away but he just came back pinning me harder so I kneed him in the groin to get him off me. If that's not a signal for no I don't know what is."

"Did you actually say I don't want this?"

"I uh- I told him to let me go."

"But you didn't tell him no."

"Not as such, but it's obvious I didn't want to. He forced himself on me. He bound and gagged me. Why would he do that if I wanted it?"

"I'm not trying to say anything here, I have-"

"To ask these stupid questions over and over to see if I slip up on any details to find out if I'm making it up. Yeah I get it." A short pause. "But I'm not in the habit of making false allegations against people of this nature. Of any nature in fact. I might not a been raped, but what he done to me tonight was just as bad. He violated me and you are sitting there making me feel like I asked for it just because I didn't say the actual word no! I didn't say no but I sure as hell did make my feelings clear, I did not want him to do any of those things to me." I ranted tears streaming down my face. "I changed my mind, if you want any more information from me I want to talk to a female." I said.

"I'm sorry, we'll take a break. Interview suspended at 10.27pm" and with that he turned off the tape.

Just then there was a knock at the door and a young officer popped his head through the door.

"The doctor is here to see her now."

"Doctor?" I asked. DI Oliver looked to me.

"Yes we will need to give you a physical and do some DNA tests. It is all standard procedure and will not take long."

"Is the Doctor female?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yes, if you would like to come with me." He said and led me down the long blank corridor to the door that had a gold plaque on it that read in bold black letters EXAMINATION ROOM.

DI Oliver knocked on the door and opened it. "Dr. Miss Carter for you."

"Thank you Inspector. She replied as she welcomed me in. The door closed behind me and I was alone with the Doctor. "Hello Miss Carter. I'm Dr Young, I'm sorry we meet on such terrible circumstances, but I assure you you are safe with me." She said with a friendly smile as she reads the report in front of her. "Now I know this won't be easy for you and I do apologies there is no easy way to do this, but it is an important step to help in the case against your attacker. I see here you said he kissed your neck and licked your nipples?" She said. I nodded feeling more vulnerable than I have ever felt in my life. "Okay could you please remove your clothing and show me without touching which areas he kissed/licked. I can pull DNA from them." She said as she put on a pair of blue latex gloves and prepared a cotton swab.

I slipped my top of and pointed to the areas he kissed/licked. I knew exactly where he had done so because my skin still crawled in those places.

"Thank you Miss Carter, now I need to rub a few swabs on these areas is this okay?" I nodded but stayed silent. I closed my eyes as she done so feeling so fragile and just wanting to scream to leave me alone. Get away from me. I couldn't though because she was right she needed to gather his DNA on my body.

"Thank you Miss Carter." She placed the swabs in tubes and set them down. "Now can I ask you to put this gown on. I need to give you a full body exam just so we can rule out other things."

"He didn't do anything else to me."

"We still need an exam for proof in court." I done as she asked and she carried out the required exams then I was free to go.

I met Jensen in the main waiting area where DI Oliver came up to me.

"I know you guys are from out of town, but I need to ask if you could not leave the state for the next few days, just in case we need more information from you."

"Really?" I asked.

"Sorry, I know you must just want to go home, but we really need you to be here a little longer."

"Fine, were checked in at the Double Tree, downtown room 205." I said and started to walk out. Jensen Quickly followed.

"Come on lets get you to bed." He said hailing a cab.

Back at the hotel I went straight into the bathroom and took a shower. As I stood there letting the hot water run off my body I had hoped the memory of Ryan would run off me to, but no such luck. No matter how much I scrubbed, no matter how much soap I used the feeling of his lips on my skin, the feeling of his tongue on my breast the feeling of his hands on my breast remained. I couldn't take it anymore I sank to the ground and cried. I cried and cried until I couldn't cry anymore.

When I came out Jensen had made me a drink from the mini bar. He handed it to me as I took a seat on the bed.

"Thank you." I said.

"This is a douche bag question, but how you holding up?"

"It's not a douche bag question." I replied.

Jensen sat next to me on the bed. "I want to hug you and reassure you everything is alright, but I don't want to invade your personal space." He admitted. I looked to him tears welling up in my eyes. And said

"I'd love a hug." Jensen wasted no time wrapping his strong arms around me making me feel instantly safer. The tears came again and I let them while Jensen held me tight and reassured me I was safe now.

kGiWJQa��u�