Chapter Twenty Six

My first day of work went great. Donna started me off easy and had me assist one of her best workers Maria. Maria was a young twenty year old college student who worked for Donna part time. I shadowed her all day learning how certain customers like certain things done in certain ways. It was a lot of information to take in. MAria suggestd I take notes until I have memorized it as she told me the customers were working for are very high class and if things aren't done right they would pull out of the contract without a moments hesitation. I now felt more nervous than ever about having to clean these houses on my own. Thankfully DOnna has arranged for me to shadow someone all week to give me time to learn. But next week I was on my own. I was bricking it.

Once we were done for the day I headed home swinging by Gens house to see how she was as I promised Jared I would. When I knocked on the door there was no answer so #i headed out back where I found Gen sitting outside with Ali.

"Hey sorry I knocked, but then figured you might be out here and not have heard the door." I explained.

"Hey working girl-" Gen said stopping when she realized that sounded bad. "You know what I mean." She laughed.

"How was your first day?" Ali asked.

"Good. Donna went easy on me and is letting me shadow people for the first week until I learn the ropes."

"That's good, least she isn't throwing you into the deep end huh?" Gen said.

"I'm glad because there are so many do's and don't with these rich people. It's insane." I sighed taking a seat next to Ali. "I physically had to take notes." I said throwing the small notepad on the table.

Gen picked it up and read. "Shoes must go in order of color according to the rainbow" She read the first one. "Dog statue must sit exactly at a 45 degree angle." She laughed "Toilet paper must be finished folded into a point." She looked shocked "Bed cushions must be placed in order of size." "What the hell? Do you really have to folllow all these?" She asked putting the pad down/

"Maria said if I don't they came get snippy and pull the contract, so yeah I do."

"Wow some people are ridiculous." Ali said.

"They get worse as the list goes on."

"I can only imagine." Gen laughed. 

"I just hope I don't screw something up and cause Donna any contract."

"You'll do fine hun don't even worry about it." Ali reassured me. 

"Ladies." I turned to see Josh and Levi. 

"Hey baby." Ali got to her feet scooping Levi up and kissed Josh. 

"Hey Josh." Gen waved.

"Gen, Demi. How did your first day of work go?" He asked.

"Good, your mom went easy on me and had me shadow Maria."

"That's good. Glad it went well." He smiled. "Are you ready babe? We have the doctors Appointment in a half hour." 

"Yeah right well i'll see you ladies later." She handed Levi back to Josh before gathering her belongings. 

"By Ali. Bye Levi and Josh." I waved as they took their leave. "Damn that kid is the cutest." I smiled.

"Isn't he?" 

"Anyway how are you today?"

"Good thanks. Was a bit queasy this morning, but it has passed."