Chapter Eight

The next morning I showered and met Jensen downstairs for some breakfast.

"Good morning." I said with cheery tone as I took a seat.

"Morning, you seem happy."

"I am. I feel really good today. The first time in a long time."

"It's nice to see you smile, you should do it more often."

"I will try." I laughed.

"Morning guys." I turned to see Jared approaching us. "Sorry, I'm late Gen called.

"How is she?" I asked. But he rolled his eyes and shook his head. I gave him a look of confusion. "She's uh, well she's still on at me about you."

"I thought we were past this? I mean I have even kept my distance from you."

"I know, but uh that's not the worst part, uh maybe I could talk to Jensen alone?"

"If it's anything to do with me, I have the right to hear it." Just then Jensen's phone rang and he checked it.

"It's my sister."

"Wait" Jared said before he answered. "Gen told McKenzie about Demi and well- I'm sorry dude." Jensen and I shared a look before he answered the call.

"Kenz how are you..... Yeah it's true...... no that isn't the case at all.... were not even... That isn't really any of your business now is it?" He hung up.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry I can't do this any more." I said tear quickly falling from my eyes as I got up and ran back to the room.

Of course a few moments later Jensen entered as I grabbed my suitcase.

"Demi please wait, you can't go."

"I have to Jensen. My being here is messing with everything. Jared's marriage, now your family clearly have issues with it. I am not going to stay and be a problem for everyone." I told him through sobs.

"What about what I want? Why does everyone else get to decide if you are a part of my life or not, the only two people it should concern is you and I."

"And Jared his marriage is being affected by my presence all because of a little crush."

"I don't want you to go." Jensen said.

"I don't either. I like being here, working with you guys. I feel like I once again have a purpose and that is all thanks to you." Jensen walked up to me.

"Please don't go."

"I don't see how I could stay. Why is it so important I stay?"

"I don't know, I just can't stand the thought of you going back onto those streets. It kills me to think about that."

"But what about everyone else?"

"No one can tell you what to do, or me for that matter I want you in my life. I know what they say isn't true, hell I had to fight you to get you to agree to come back with me. I know this isn't a gold digger situation."

"Of course it's not."

"You need to care less what others think. You need to stand your ground hold your head up high because we know the truth and that is all that matters."

I sigh.

"He's right." Jared said opening the door. "It's my marriage we are talking about so I get to decide I don't want you to go just as much as Jensen. We are friends and trust me I know Gen she will come around. I have invited her to come out, you guys need to spend time together for her to get to really know you and I'm sure she will come around. As for Jensen's parents, well I have no say in it, but my opinion is the same as his. Only he can decide who is or isn't a part of his life."