(가시연 ) Thorn Lily: Main Story - CHAPTER 23

In the end I still called an ambulance, and sent her off to the hospital with a tinge of regret. Watching the paramedics lift her onto a stretcher, I called him while pretending to cry, just like how it was before, with my perfect acting skills...

"It was an accident. I tripped and fell."

She broke her arm and there were bruises everywhere. Even the skull on her forehead was cracked. How did a pregnant lady suffer such a bad fall? Her guardian kept interrogating me. It's such a miracle how she survived with so few injuries after that fall - completely not what I'd expected!

She smiled serenely as she laid on the white hospital bed. Despite the bandages covering her body, she looked exceptionally spirited, but Yunho and her parents didn't believe what she said at all. At least the look that Yunho gave me told me that he didn't believe a word of it.

"Jaejoong was the one who called for an ambulance."

Jinho-hyung and Yunho would never believe that. Her mother shot me a look filled with worry while Yunho and Jinho-hyung exchanged suspicious glances. I forced a stiff smile on my face at her introduction, and her mother looked grateful to me. But Yunho and Jinho-hyung didn't share that same gratitude, staying silent throughout...

"The doctor said the child is safe, it's my fault for being so careless..."

Her broken arm reached for her belly instinctively, and the image was like a thorn in my eyes. Looks like the second floor wasn't high enough. She sounded exactly like a whiny little kid, this evil woman! And she could really act, giving the person who pushed her down the stairs such a look of gratitude!

Under that sort of awkward atmosphere, Jinho-hyung decided to speak up for me, as I'd expected he would do. And even if Jung Yunho didn't believe me, he had no choice....

"Mm, rest well!"

Jinho-hyung rested a hand on her shoulders, leaving her with such gentle words...

He'd abandoned his work and rushed here at Yunho's call, but now that Suh-hee is safe he has to return. Goodbye, hyung! Hearing my voice, he turned and our eyes met for a moment. He really didn't believe me at all; his eyes were filled with displeasure, so I gave up the thought of sending him off. In the end Yunho sent him off instead, leaving me and her mother in the room.

"Have a seat, Jaejoong."

Hearing her voice, I nodded meekly. As long as her mother was present, I have to adopt a humble tone with Suh-hee. I wanted to smile at her but I really couldn't, and at that moment I really felt sorry for myself - that hateful woman!

The moment her mother left, I immediately took a seat as far from her as possible. She opened her mouth and spoke in that usual, gentle voice. Only that it's exceptionally painful to my ears today.

"Do you feel guilty?"

This woman is truly the most hypocritical woman on earth! Hounding me with guilt while pretending to be an angel.

"Of course not! Suh-hee, you know how shameless I can be." "That's fortunate! Jaejoong isn't such a cruel person after all..."

Are you starting to reveal my evil deeds? Her words made me so uncomfortable that I immediately retaliated...

"Does it make you feel good, treating me like a fool?" "Underestimating a fool like you makes me a bigger fool, eh?"

True that. I quite agree with her point...

"Jaejoong, you'll live to regret this." "I have never known regret."

Yunho came back then - is he still feverish? He looked a lot paler than he did in the morning. When her mother found out he was ill, she chided him worriedy, "With Suh-hee in the hospital, what would I do if you're ill too? I can't help worrying for my Suh-hee!" And the culprit behind all their injuries and sickness is here! Unable to withstand that nagging feeling in my heart, I walked out of the ward for some peace and quiet. But he didn't plan on letting me off just like that.