(가시연 ) Thorn Lily: Main Story - CHAPTER 4

Twillight had already arrived even though I hadn't managed to find sleep for even a single moment. After the tears had dried up, I greeted the early morning light. I sat crouching down on the floor, eyes open in much the same way as they had been since last night. My mind was in a haze, without a single thought to cross it for a long time now. Having been sitting in the same position for the last several hours, various parts of my body were screaming out for some freedom. That's right—this was enough of a show for now.

I consoled myself as I finally straightened my knees. But soon enough, I was back on the floor, rolling around pathetically while screaming as pain followed the numbness in my legs. Tears rose to my eyes at my ridiculous and unfair situation, repeatedly massaging my legs.

I promised myself that from this point on, I wouldn't cry anymore. I roughly rubbed at my eyes, paying no mind to their tired and irritated state.

Causing me pain when you should actually be cradling me in your arms—don't you feel any sympathy even after seeing my pathetic struggling?

It was once I had managed to roughly gather my wits that my ears finally unplugged. I sat wondering if the ticking of the clock had always been this loud, only to realize soon after that it that been the sound of the raindrops hammering against the glass of the windows. The wipers moved busily across the windshields of the cars that could be seen passing by outside. I stared blankly at the pile of luggage sitting in a corner of the room. Actually, you couldn't even really call it luggage since they were all from my shopping trip the day before yesterday. Just the thought of being chased out to some foreign flat along with that mountain of stuff made me cringe in horror. But the thought of the merciless Jung Yunho that would drive me out, even in this rain was even more horrifying than the last. I wonder how he'll react if I say that I won't leave.

But , these kinds of silly deductions and predictions aren't really necessary. The Jung Yunho I know won't be able to push me away. That's why I'll have to leave by my own will. Cruel bastard. You dare mock me?

Not having eaten properly for the last few days, I was greeted by a dizzy spell on my way down the stairs; each step I took was accompanied by the sensation of trumbling off the edge of a cliff. The bottom of my chest shifted unfortably as though I was on an amusement park ride, hurtling to the ground at top speed

A loud noise followed me down the stairs as my shopping bags swung around, making contact with the stair rails. When I had finished gathering my wits following the difficult descent, she was already standing in front of me.

"My God...! Jaejoong, your face...!" "Oh..."

I could smell freshly cooked rice that was followed by the pleasantly rich aroma of sesame oil.

Even though her words had reminded me of how I had gotten punched, I couldn't help letting my gaze stray into the kitchen that lay behind her shoulder. I was like instinct. The desire for food opened its devilish eyes and filled my mouth with saliva. But at the terrible thought of Jung Yunho chasing me out without even giving me a morsel of food for breakfast, I was able to return my attention to her.

I was still upset from yesterday "What happened to you..." "We got into a fight."

She continued to fret over the likes of a split lip and a tiny bruise that had settled on my cheek.

Her delicate fingers stretched out towards me. It was like a curse. So I grabbed her wrists and pushed her hands from me. She looked at me with worry in her eyes. But buried under that, also lay the small inquiry as to why it was that I resisted. "We'd...always fought often."

" Ah."

She'd already picked up on the fact that it was Yunho that the word 'we' had intented to address. At my words that I had breathed softly like a sigh, she was unable to approach carelessly any further.