(가시연 ) Thorn Lily: Main Story - CHAPTER 21

Yunho was late for work because he fell sick.

Usually, he'd have woken up at 7am and gone downstairs right after washing up. But there was no sign of him even at 7.30am today so a very worried Suh-hee went up to check on him on the second floor. We were fast asleep but at her sudden entrance, I woke up with a start. Yunho rubbed his eyes in surprise as she walked over and shook him by his shoulder, trying to wake him from his stupor. But he just turned back and buried his face into his pillow.

"Yunho! Why are you still in bed? Don't you have to go to work?"

Strange. Why is he refusing to wake up like a kid throwing a tantrum? Something felt amiss as I watched him stubbornly refuse to budge from his pillow. She tried to turn him over but she retracted her hand as soon as she touched his shoulder, as if she'd just touched a diseased man.

"Please move aside!"

I spoke to her coldly and pulled Yunho close to me. She took a step back as I began to examine his condition. When I placed a hand over his forehead, it felt warmer than usual, and his pained expression reflected the extent of his discomfort.

I wiped his sweat with the edge of my shirt and felt his forehead again. It seems to be getting worse...

"He's burning up... is there any fever medicine in your house?" " "

"What are you standing there for? Go get the medicine and a tower now!"

I know I shouldn't appear too concerned about Yunho's fever, but why did he fall sick so suddenly? Maybe it's because of me...

"Yunho ah, Jung Yunho... Wake up... You can't keep sleeping like that..."

I combed his sweat-soaked hair away from his face. Because of the uncomfortable fever, he'd been in a semi-comatose state - I'd better give him his medicine quickly. He opened his eyes blearily and raised a hand to massage his temples.

"Hmm... Just one day... Jaejoong ah... Can I rest for today "

"Yunho ah, sleep after you've taken your medicine, hm?"

He murmured a reply and then fell back to his feverish slumber. His eyes looked sunken from the pain; was he aware of whose name he was calling? And he'd argued with me so fiercely yesterday I really hate how I refused to forgive him then.

She came back in with a cup and medicine, the maid following behind with a towel. Yunho cracked an eye open at their noisy entrance, and I helped him sit up against a pillow. I took the medicine from her and fed it into Yunho's parched lips. Even his breath was hot; I couldn't help thinking of the things I said to him yesterday. I'm sorry! It's all my fault, of course it hurt you! I held back my tears and held the cup of water to his lips carefully. He downed the medicine with a small frown.

When Yunho laid back again, the maid immediately placed a damp towel on his forehead - at least she knew what to do, unlike Suh-hee! When the maid left the room, Yunho finally fell asleep and his breathing was much more steady than before, but he kept perspiring and the towel heated up really quickly. As I took the towel to help him wipe the sweat off his face, I found that the whole towel was soaking wet. So I handed it to her...

"Please dry this!"

"......"

She took the towel from me but then she just stood there and stared at Yunho's pained expression. Such a clumsy woman!

"Suh-hee-sshi!"

"Ah... Sorry.... It's the first time I've seen Yunho like this, so I don't know what to do..."