(가시연 ) Thorn Lily: Main Story - CHAPTER 25

Eventually the tears stopped and I sat alone in the cold and dismal corridor. My heart was filled with tears, and then out of the blue, I thought I could smell a familiar cologne. I raised my head slowly. It's him... The man I loved with my life.... And now he belongs to me, and me only... He walked closer to me...

"Yunho ah..."

I couldn't see his face clearly because of the lighting angle, but he looked worn out. He walked towards me without saying anything.

And then, he stopped in front of me, and stared at my hands on my knees. My hands were still soaked in blood, and in front of him, I had nowhere to hide my hideous guilt. I started crying again...

I heard Suh-hee is dead, Yunho ah, the mother of your child... Lee Suh-hee... She's dead... What should I do...

I saw her in pain, saw her beautiful lips moaning in agony, but now she could no longer speak. Why was I so cruel then? Did I really hate her so much that I had to kill her? Yunho, my Yunho... What should I do...

"I'm scared..."

In that deafening silence, I could only whimper to myself in the depths of my heart...

Soon... I'll have to pay for my crimes. I thought of that white cage again, and it sent involuntary shivers down my spine...

You'll be heartlessly abandoned, and left to drown in that endless swamp... Deep and dark...

I started trembling at that frightening thought...

He reached out to caress my cheek, and then he knelt down on the cold floor before me. Even though his eyes were closed, I could feel his gaze upon me. He'd already forgiven me, and now he's simply asking if I was alright. If love had a color, then surely his eyes would be dyed in that brilliant hue! Like a watercolor painting in azure, like tears.

His hands moved downwards and rested upon mine. He held my bloodied hands with those beautiful hands of his, and our tears fell at the same time...

"It's all my fault... Jaejoong ah, it's all my fault.... I'm so sorry, Jaejoong ah..."

He pulled me into his arms and held me tight, calling my name over and over again while he wept. His arms were so warm... Like the sun in May. Even if a storm is tearing the world apart outside, as long as I am in his arms, I'll be warm and in bliss. I caught the scent of a 17-year-old Yunho again...

"Name..."

In his embrace, I whispered to him softly. I'd seen her clutch her belly, chanting that name as she was pushed into the surgery room, her weakening voice refusing to abandon that name...

"A-hyun..."

"...Jaejoong ah..." ".....Jung A-hyun "

His tear-stained eyes stared at me questioningly...

"A-hyun... Is your daughter... Your beautiful baby daughter... She's still alive! A-hyun "

His body gave a violent jerk as he buried his face in his hands, sobbing as hard as he could. I lifted my head gingerly and looked at him. How would you treat me now, since you know how it all turned out? My heart was filled with uncertainty about the future...

"My angelic Yunho ah... I was the one who saved A-hyun...! Yunho, you must praise me... You wanted a child... And I saved her..."

" Jaejoong ah!"

"I saved her... So don't chase me away... Yunho ah, I love "

"Jaejoong ah... Enough "