(천애둔략) Reduced Horizons: Prequel - CHAPTER 5

Kim Jaejoong was quite startled to know that I was the dongsaeng of the man he had confessed to.

My deceitful heart was beating in front of that kid; it was then I suddenly remembered what I wanted to ask most. I received the wet handkerchief back from him, placing it back to my pocket.

"Which class are you in?" "The eighth class."

"Ah, so it was you, that 8th Class Beauty."

I remembered what my friends had told me earlier. So the popular beauty whom I heard from them was you. It was my fault for being so slow.

"Yeah."

He answered explicitly. His rabbit-alike red eyes (due to the crying earlier) were looking at me coldly.

Looking at him answering my question naturally, I could not hold back a smile. This little kid was looking at me with a subtle look. My behavior, my speech, and my entire being, I hoped I was able to please you.

"My hyung also said that you were very pretty."

The kid's face smiles blossomed; charmingly. He did not need any beautification.

~ * ~

The finale also meant a new start, whereby everything did not matter to me except Kim Jaejoong. He was special to me.

But my heart did not feel comfortable entirely.

First, from what it seemed, my hyung had left for around a month. I lost 10 kilograms of weight. One of the reasons was because I started working out quite a lot; however, the suffering of the mind and soul was part of the reasons too. Umma said my baby fat had gone. This might a small penalty hyung gave me. Still, my health was not affected; my hyung was still the kind- hearted person I knew.

That kid was rushing to borrow a gym suit from his friends, as he seemed to have forgotten about it. There was only one day in a week, which I was in the same class with Kim Jaejoong, and that was today.

I was not the only one who anticipated today; many boys did too. The girls would be wearing short shorts during the physical education lesson.

Two sports teachers were on leave for their respective personal business, so it was our own free time. The majority of them were playing basketball whilst the girls were chatting under a shade or had gone back to the classroom.

The April sunlight was beautiful.

I sat on the balcony to kill time; my line of sight paused at an interesting scene. I did not have to search for him anymore; he always entered my sight naturally.

Just like a girl smiling, Kim Jaejoong was playing the water happily with his schoolmates. He was spraying water everywhere with the water pipe.

His pant was possibly hindering his water games as he rolled it up to his knees. However, he was together with that frog and this only friend of Kim Jaejoong was starting to annoy me. I recalled the events which happened in the incinerator as I cursed under my breath.

His body structure was not considered short, but why did he look so petite? He was so graceful among that group of boys.

The girls then started calling him "Jaejoong-ah, Jaejoong-ah". I fumed. Was this jealousy? I nipped my lips anxiously.

The boys had gotten Kim Jaejoong's gym suit entirely wet. I was ready to beat up anyone who tried lay a finger on him.

"Hold on!"

That kid was shouting and walking backwards to the tree. He then bent down to tidy his messy pants and he started rolling his pants upwards, revealing his ankle area, his calf, knee... When will he stop rolling his pant?