(가시연 ) Thorn Lily: Main Story - CHAPTER 20

We were in high spirits when we returned to the house in the afternoon, but her eyes were red- rimmed. She probably couldn't sleep at all last night, I guess? She looks exceptionally thin, which is so different from other pregnant women since they usually gain weight instead. When she saw Yunho and I, she immediately stood up from the sofa and turned off the television. The living room suddenly became really silent as she walked towards Yunho, one hand supporting her growing belly. He naturally offered her his coat and she quietly accepted it. Everything looked pretty much normal, so Yunho probably felt that something was wrong too? This sort of unsettling tranquility, it's like the calm before a storm; her face still held the same gloom. Time passed by quietly like this, until the silence finally broke at dinner.

Other than the clink of spoons against our plates, and the sound of chopsticks moving, there was only the occasional sound of me shifting my chair.

Under such an awkward atmosphere, I took a peep at their expressions. Suh-hee had her head bowed intently over her food, so I stared at Yunho instead until our eyes met. At my gesture, he turned to look at Suh-hee, putting down his chopsticks to take a sip of water. My appetite was completely gone because of the mood. Just as I was about to stand up and take my leave, she spoke...

"I called Manager Kim yesterday." " "

"He said that there wasn't over-time yesterday night."

Oh Yunho looked a little worried. So he knows how to lie as well! It seems she knows he'll spend the night out so from what she said, Yunho had already informed her before-hand? But because she grew suspicious, she called the company to check if there was really OT that night? In the end there wasn't any news about her husband's whereabouts. So she probably gave him dozens of calls after I'd turned off his phone? Ah it really makes me feel guilty!

But no matter what for my adorable little Yunho, I'll tell a million lies if need be.

Her gaze appeared as calm as it always did, fixing itself on Yunho, and then she started her interrogation...

"Were the both of you together?" "Yeah... we were."

"Is that so? Is there... really nothing I don't know about?" "Suh-hee..."

"I'm not asking you, I'm asking Jaejoong!"

Her voice was sharper than an arrow head, like a demoness baring her claws. Seeing Yunho's flustered expression, I couldn't help snickering, which made her even madder. What now? You don't like it when others laugh at your husband, eh? Guess what, I hate it even more than you do. What right do you have to meddle in our affairs?

"Please tell me the truth. Yunho said he spent the night outside with Jaejoong... so stop hiding it from me... I have the right to know what happened. I'm his wife, and I deserve to know the truth!"

It sounded so persuasive, but I hate this sort of high-and-mighty way of speaking. I'm already used to people who use such underhand means to get others to give in. After all, I grew up listening to things like this!

Yunho got up and moved away, leaving the two of us at the table. Should I tell her the truth? Or should I continue to keep her in the dark? And let Yunho continue living in fear...

"Um... about that, actually... Suh-hee-sshi!" "What? Tell me!"

"I hope you won't freak out at this, if not... it might be bad for the baby..." "Please don't worry about me!"

She sounded really anxious, her face all tensed up and concentrating on what I was about to say. Maybe I'll toy with you a little bit more...

"Yunho likes children a lot doesn't he? So..." "It's alright! Please, continue!"